• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2013 Rausch Creek Sign Up Thread

Corvette1974

I'm gonna try my hardest to go. I'll come later Friday and bring my M1028, maybe a generator (MEP 015), definitely wood and tools. Unsure of party size, depends on who can go.

This might be a stupid question but can non MVs go?

Will

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you plan to offroad that Corvette in your avatar, I'm sorry to say you are going to get stuck.

Sure, civvy 4x4s can come, we've had guys bring POV's before and they did fine!

shenkmen

I'm gonna try my hardest to go. I'll come later Friday and bring my M1028, maybe a generator (MEP 015), definitely wood and tools. Unsure of party size, depends on who can go.

This might be a stupid question but can non MVs go?

Will
Yep, non-mv's are no problem. Bringing a Vette?

Corvette1974

Haha no vette even though I'm sure it'd be fun to do some Smokey and the Bandit action in it :driver:......My friends have a couple of jeeps and trucks who I'm sure would want to go. I'll look into getting them. Also I'm going to stay until Sunday.

Will

PaFarmer

I will be there. It will be a f---ing mad house that weekend. They are having the RCQ King of the Hammers qualifier race that weekend. I plan to watch some of the race on Saturday, so I am not sure how much trail time I will get on Saturday.

Looking forward to it, it is always a good time.

Last edited:

shenkmen

I will be there. It will be a f---ing mad house that weekend. They are having the RCQ King of the Hammers qualifier race that weekend. I plan to watch some of the race on Saturday, so I am not sure how much trail time I will get on Saturday.

Looking forward to it, it is always a good time.
Yep, the race is on the north east property.

Just so everybody knows... The north east property is literally on the other side of the road from the trails we ride and our camp site. Last spring or fall our rally was the same weekend as another race and we had zero problems.

We'll have people there Friday AM or Thursday PM to reserve our spots as well.

Get those trucks ready!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shenk is right about the location where we camp. When you get there, it will be obvious. It's no longer, however, the same level as the parking lot, it's been dug out so that you're camping about 8 feet lower than where you are parked. Bring an air mattress if you plan on camping in a tent, the base is rocky.

One thing I don't like there is they installed the smallest fire rings you can imagine, they used to have tractor wheels for fire rings, now it looks like they took wheels off a VW Rabbit. They are chained down, you can't bring your own fire ring, and not scrap lumber with nails or staples (in other words, no junk wood like most of us had brought in the past). With the small fire ring you can barely get any wood in the fire to warm you up too. My two cents. I'm a white man, I like BIG FIRE.

PaFarmer

We have overlapped big events before, I do not expect it to be a problem. The race is held on a different part of the property, but I do expect a big turnout. A lot of folks camping and staging in the parking lot. Regarding a camper, the do have designated space for a camper.

BENZTECH

I was considering going to this but I would feel better about the whole trip in a convoy. Im at exit 62 on long island expressway and would be bringing a deuce if i went. Lookin to at least meet up and follow each other on the road trip in case of a breakdown. Possible meet up kassim and anyone else interested along the way would be great

joshs1ofakindxj

One thing I don't like there is they installed the smallest fire rings you can imagine, they used to have tractor wheels for fire rings, now it looks like they took wheels off a VW Rabbit. They are chained down, you can't bring your own fire ring, and not scrap lumber with nails or staples (in other words, no junk wood like most of us had brought in the past). With the small fire ring you can barely get any wood in the fire to warm you up too. My two cents. I'm a white man, I like BIG FIRE.
I kind of figured that out this past weekend. Before you make a fire lift the ring up and sit it on two pieces of wood laying on the ground so air can get under it and that puppy will really roar and throw some heat. I had a great time wheeling my Jeep Cherokee these this past weekend. I'm going to try and make it back out for this in the M35A2 with the M105 for camping if I can but there are some other things going on that weekend I have to iron out.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was considering going to this but I would feel better about the whole trip in a convoy. Im at exit 62 on long island expressway and would be bringing a deuce if i went. Lookin to at least meet up and follow each other on the road trip in case of a breakdown. Possible meet up kassim and anyone else interested along the way would be great
This rally was founded by a couple guys out in Long Island, they are here on the site occassionally, but for an unknown reason, they haven't shown up in several years, and they won't even reply to PMs about the rally at all. I plan to ask them about it when I see them at MTA or Aberdeen rally this Spring.

But anyways, it's a shame more folks from Long ISland don't make the trip out there, it's a great offroad place... hope you can find a convoy partner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks