• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2014 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

shenkmen

This is the official sign up thread for the Spring 2014 Rausch Creek MV Rally.

The event will take place from Friday, March 28th to Sunday, March 30th at Rausch Creek Offroad park in Tremont, PA. You can arrive Thursday, March 27th if you like. Early arrivals are helpful as they will reserve our favorite spot.

Rausch Creek offers the following...

• On site primitive camping.
  • 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails. We stick to the easy ones due to the size of our trucks.
  • Trails can accommodate MVs of all sizes, shapes etc.
  • Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day.
  • Most of the group will hit the trails for the day. You are welcome to stay at camp until the group returns.
  • See satellite image below for our camp site.

Rausch Creek's website has allot of info including rules, camping info, lodging info and a FAQ. Please visit their site here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance or when you arrive. Download them from here if you wish - Rausch Creek Membership

What you can expect...

What you need to do...

• Get your vehicle ready. C'mon, don't miss this!
  • Sign up! - If you are interested sign up for the event on this thread and include the following information...
    • The MV or MVs you are bringing.
    • Date of arrival.
    • State if you are camping and the number of people in your group. (This info is needed to make a reservation.)
  • Let us know how you can pitch in. Tell us if you can offer assistance by bringing something to help out, organize, etc... From reading past threads I've seen folks offer the following...
    • A Generator.
    • Firewood.
    • Early arrivals to reserve space on Thursday. See satellite image below for our camp site.
    • What else???

I'll update this post with the current attendee list and info.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Attendee list updated 3.19 - We could use some firewood.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

3.19.gif RC camp site.jpg east.jpg north east.jpg west.jpg

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As always, I'll be there. Probably around noon on Friday through at least late Saturday night, maybe longer if Lady Luck is nice to me this year and gives me enough commission on my job to get a CUCV before the rally. I'll bring some cigars and some firewood again.

Timberwolf22

Chad and I will not be there this year. The dates you selected March 28-30th are the same dates as the Oaks Firearms And Military Vehicle Show that we were promoting at the last Rausch Creek event.

Todd Tew
Tew's Armory

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish i could go but I am living in Livonia Michigan now. So thats a long ways for me to travel :( i wish i could though! my deuce is still in new york though. i need to get it out here sometime whenever i find a place to put it!

PaFarmer

Son of a gun. I forgot about the Oaks show that weekend. Scheduling this stuff is always a series of compromises. I want to get to the show and RC both.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Son of a gun. I forgot about the Oaks show that weekend. Scheduling this stuff is always a series of compromises. I want to get to the show and RC both.
Well, Shenkmen is the head of this one-truck dork parade. Hurry up, shenk, and figure out what weekend - there's a couple in April you missed that weren't options in your PMs you sent out. :)

PaFarmer

There is no pleasing everyone, but I will do both if that is the weekend. Chad and Todd are good guys and would be a shame to conflict them out. There is a race up there 4/12 that I want to enter this year, but don't schedule around me, I need to get my race jeep and buggy repaired and ready and frankly would not mind splitting time that weekend.

shenkmen

Well, Shenkmen is the head of this one-truck dork parade. Hurry up, shenk, and figure out what weekend - there's a couple in April you missed that weren't options in your PMs you sent out. :)
Yep, those weekends were intentionally left out.

I reach out to core members of the group to help chose a date.

Maddawg and PaFarmer were included in the date discussion. We've had it this weekend before. Spring is a a busy time. The conflict is with a gun show. I'm trying to organize former military vehicle off-roading, hanging out by a fire, camping, talking, etc... The two events are very different things.

The only other weekend possible is April 25 - 26.

Please PM me to discuss. This is a sign up thread for the Rausch Creek event.

Thanks all

215Dave

I don't want to speak to soon, BUT.... I really am going to push to make this one. My truck is finally finished. My new priority is getting a job ( long story). So in short, I truly hope to be able to FINALLY make it this event. Two of my good friends go regularly and it would be great to join everyone this time around.

shenkmen, do you still need a few NDTs with rims or no? Now that I'm singled out I have a bunch more in various conditions. Let me know, they are yours free of charge...

shenkmen

I don't want to speak to soon, BUT.... I really am going to push to make this one. My truck is finally finished. My new priority is getting a job ( long story). So in short, I truly hope to be able to FINALLY make it this event. Two of my good friends go regularly and it would be great to join everyone this time around.

shenkmen, do you still need a few NDTs with rims or no? Now that I'm singled out I have a bunch more in various conditions. Let me know, they are yours free of charge...
Sent you a PM. Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks