• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2015 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

mikey

I had fun regardless of destroying my truck. I had to go back to camp around 15:30 because my trans wasn't shifting properly. Turns out it just has a leaky line and was low. But my lightbar was falling off my roof (I welded brackets to the cab roof and I guess the trails just did it in, starting to rip open the sheetmetal). The front grill and passenger side lock tab both broke, but those were the least of my problems. On the way down 78 I was cruising at a comfortable 72mph when the speedometer went crazy and the overdrive unit kicked out of gear, revving the engine to an rpm high enough I can't count that high and the bearing went and I think a few connecting rods decided to go hangout somewhere else in the engine. But I have a thing where I think everything happens for a reason. And this time, it means engine upgrade. And I'm stranded in NJ atm, need to get truck back up and running to go home to kY in a few weeks.

So on a lighter note, anyone have a GEP 6.5l laying around?
Post in the Sussex thread, if you haven't already. With the amount of members going to Sussex from all over the country, someone may have one they can deliver.

Mikey

max1008

I thought this was the best RC trip to since ive been doing the past 4? years. I really liked the new or re-routed trails we took.
As for CBs, i know that most wheeling clubs REQUIRE a cb. You can get a cheap setup for 50$. Totally worth it to me.

shenkmen

And to think they had to tell the entire group that a few of us stood in the back of the 5 ton after the whole thing was over.
The park rules state all passengers must be seated with a seat belt. If we want to be welcomed back we need to follow the rules.

I agree with your other comments.

shenkmen

Youre just happy that you got your axe back.

this weekend was my favorite rc event to date and it was my 4th going back to 2011. Thanks to everyone like Chip and Joe that put it together. It was great to see some new faces as well as some old ones.

Mikey
Wow, I finally have my ax! Thanks.

Yep, it was the best trail ride and met some more good folks.

Thanks everyone!

shenkmen

Good time off-roading. O trail had one good downhill to start things off. Timbering has opened things up. Lake Christy either silted in some or the water was a bit lower. We had several guys stuck in the past with 53"s. Getting in and out has gotten a bit tougher.
Glad to hear you had such a swell time!

shenkmen

RC is tight for the big trucks. We should check out Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area. It is evolving and is twice the size of RC and has the same type of terrain but more open. I'm going to check it out with my jeep soon. It is like 35 miles from RC.
Anthracite Outdoor does not have camping facilities. Please note several comments which mention the timbering and widening of the trails. We had a blast.

shenkmen

Well, I guess it's time I chime in and give my summary of the weekends events. First, and foremost, I had an absolute blast! This is by far my favorite SS Rally to date...

...Let's make it a point to look for solutions, instead of hanging up on the speed bumps ( or rocks in the case of off roading).

Hope to see you all in October! Or sooner!
Thanks Dave, you have the right attitude. Glad you and many others enjoyed it.

Joehop

i just took a few minutes to read the Rules & Regulations section posted on Rausch Creeks website, this is a must read for EVERYONE who is thinking about organizing or attending the next one. Rule #1, Cell phone #'s are a must

Last edited:

shenkmen

i just took a few minutes to read the Rules & Regulations section posted on Rausch Creeks website, this is a must read for EVERYONE who is thinking about organizing or attending the next one. Rule #1, Cell phone #'s are a must
Dear FNG,

From the rules...

GROUPS SHOULD EXCHANGE CELL NUMBERS SO THEY CAN CONTACT EACH OTHER IN THE EVENT OF LATE ARRIVALS.*
1) "Should" does not equal "must".
2) This rule pertains to facilitating late arrivals.

"Should" is a suggestion.
"Must" is a necessity.

This conclude s today's grammar lesson. :)

A week prior to going to this rally, I installed a dash camera in my truck. And it just so happened that the engine blew up the first time the camera gets used on the way home from the rally. So it's safe to say that the camera has already paid for itself. Can't wait to get truck back on road and catch more roadside drama!

So for your amusement, here is what happens when your crankshaft breaks into two separate pieces:

http://youtu.be/qpTL_34eTu0

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks