• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Packard Connectors Info?

gunsgreg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dumb question and before somebody jumps me yes I have all manuals and do try to refer to them as I can. The problem lays with my thick "Soldier B" head Haha.

I'm new to Packard connectors. Do you have to use the same specific gauge connector with a specific size wire? Asked another way can you use 16 gauge wire ok in a 14 gauge PC? Haven't started working with it yet so thought I would ask for advise before I started.

I have big bags of size 14 PC and spools of size 16 wire...

Last edited:

m38inmaine

I have used them mixed, the larger wire can be tough to pull through the connector but with a little silicone grease it will work. The actual two parts that mate are the same size, it's just the hole in the rubber where the wire enters and the hole in the metal where you crimp are different sizes. Since you are using smaller wire you will have an easier time, using the correct crimp tool or soldering would benefit you as the wire is a little small for the crimp area.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks