• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Padlock key? And transfercase seal part#

ryan77

My m1009 has a padlock with us on it where the spare would go does anyone have a key for these i can copy or should i cut it off??????????? On another note does any one have a napa part# for the drive shaft seal on the transfer case????

whatsagoodalias

I looked it up on Napa Online for 85 K5 blazer with 208 transfer case. 18992 is the number for the rear seal and 18771 for the front. As far as the key is concerned, I would cut the padlock.

Crash_AF

Call a locksmith and ask how much to rekey the lock if you want to keep it. Otherwise cut it off as there is no common key for those padlocks.

Later,
Joe

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have two on my deuce. I talked to a lock smith about the very same thing. Simply put, if it has a number such as a 4 or 5 digit one, they can re-key. I have one they can re-key because it has the code. The other hasn't got any numbers. I'll re-key the one, hope the key works on the other and go from there.

papercu

If you do cut there was/is a guy in the classifieds that was wanting any cut padlocks and/or extra keys for the military locks. Wayne

zyrtecx

If the lock is an American, you can grind down the little shinny metal tab on the bottom of the lock carefully and remove the oval metal piece holding the cylinder in and just have a locksmith install a new cylinder and retaining nut and plate and nut on the bottom of the lock and then you will have a usable lock with "US" stamped in it. Also, the Govt. lock, locks key and not be removed with the lock open, only when it is locked...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks