• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint - CARC

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd read in a post that some people have had trouble getting CARC paint and thought I'd relay my experiences.

Recently I got a McClarin helmet top and contacted their sales department about some missing parts. I also asked them about the camo paint they do and what colours they used. The sales guy sent me a diagram of the woodland camo pattern and color codes. He also told me the Sherwin Williams paint colours they use:

There are 3 Paint Colors used in the Woodland Camo Patterns per MIL Spec

Sherman Williams, Paint CARC, Black, Type II, Waterborne

Sherman Williams, Paint CARC, Green, Type II, Waterborne, Green 383

Sherman Williams, Paint CARC, Brown, Type II, Waterborne, Brown 383

See Attached Sherwin Williams MIL-DTL-64159C, Type II Waterborne CARC Spec Sheet

image012 Paint.jpg

I contacted my local Sherwin Williams and they gave me the number of another Sherwin Williams in Seattle, 206.323.1331, this location will sell CARC paint, minimum quantity of 1 gallon and they will ship at least to other Sherwin Williams. I don't know if other Sherwin Williams in other states, can supply, I stopped looking after this one but I guess the adage applies: it can't hurt to ask.

1 gallon was too much for what I was painting so I went another route.

I found 12 oz aerosol spray cans from a place called lvlpaints.com Just type "federal" into the search box and a drop down will show all sorts of sizes: touch-up pens, 4 oz & 12 oz spray cans, pints, quarts, gallons. The drop down box for colours is extensive, hundreds of paint numbers are there. I don't know how their paints compare to Sherwin Williams but they provide a technical sheet and safety sheet (pdf) for your perusal.

Anyways, some options.

87cr250r

The industrial Sherwin Williams stores will sell CARC paint. The flavors available are going to depend on your regional VOV (volatile organic compounds) rules. Here in California we can only get the 1-part CARC which is a PITA to work with because it cures once the can is open unless you can provide nitrogen blanket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks