• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint colors for military vehicles question.

Whiterabbit

Hey all,
I'm in the throws of finally building my Dnepr MT16 and now I'm thinking of colors. I was going to shoot it in black or dark red but it might be cool to do it in military color. I was looking and can't find any kind of reference to colors. I was leaning towards 24052 Marine Corps green just for the ease of buying it in spray cans from Rapco.
Anyone have any reference to the colors used prior to the wall coming down??
Thanks,

Mike

Tascabe

RAL 6014 is a close color to the Soviet Green.

However getting that mixed up can be troublesome as most places do not have RAL color templates

I talked to RAPCO and they matched RAL 6014 closest to 24087 semi gloss olive drab - so I got a few spray cans and it is a pretty good match for the RAL 6014 that we painted my two UAzs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks