• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint Headaches

bikeboy

So.....I contacted Sherwin-Williams today to inquire about buying CARC paint. They politely replied "We can only sell CARC paint to a government agency"........Is this true? Is there anywhere I can buy the paint for my M1009? Any help would be appreciated greatly. aua

Nonotagain

I had lunch with my PPG aerospace rep last Thursday. He also handles the military line of paints, mostly primers, but he is finalizing pricing for the PPG branded NCP CARC paint.

CARC paint requires a signed ITAR, (International Traffic in Arms Regulations, can’t export or sell to a non USA citizen) just like submitting a EUC.

The paint I decided to get pricing on is Mil-Dtl-64159 type,1 (waterborne CARC). There are a couple of reasons for this product selection. It’s the least toxic of the coatings, has easy application and yields the most square foot coverage at the lowest cost.

At issue is that the minimum quantities are like 25 gallons of each color. (383 Green, 383 Brown, Black and Tan)

Each color has a different price, with the low being ballpark $65 per gallon to $72 for the highest. The catalyst has to be purchased as a separate item. (don’t remember the price)

If I get enough interest, I will be delivering the paint to the Aberdeen show. This saves on shipping.

I want to state, I'm not making anything on the sale. The price is already high enough that I think a lot of folks won't be interested as well as not being able to meet the minimum quantities for some colors.

Pricing and colors to be posted Wednesday evening.

roady

Nonotagain,

I plan on being at the Aberdeen show and would really be interested in enough tan paint to paint my Deuce and a gallon extra for touch ups and addons in the future.

Let me know what you come up with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks