• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint Overspray On Tires

Jones

Stiff bristled, scrub brush and lots of elbow grease once it's on.
You can prevent it next time by making up a mixture of liquid dish soap and water stiff enough so that it's not so watery as to run (about the consistancy of cooking oil).
Brush it on the rubber and let it dry. Any overspray will land on the layer of soap and can be washed off after the paint sets up.
Apply carefully since it'll also keep the paint from sticking to stuff you DO want it to.
For what it's worth; the current camo pattern wheel color is black so that they fade into the shadows-- black overspray on black tires isn't a worry.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
......just thought of something else......mud pretty well covers up the tires and wheels, so unless its a SHOW truck, well................I know...you want the paint off.....:nothingfunny:
Wait a minute, I thought they were all SHOW trucks.

:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks