• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint question

galeo7171

I'm going to repaint my m1009. I don't have access to an air compressor so I'm thinking about ordering the 383 carc substitute in spray cans from Rapco. Is it possible to make it look half way decent? Will it look a lot worse because I'm using spray cans instead of an air compressor?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What about an electric sprayer like the Wagner? Anyone use one of those?
I don't think you could get consistant coverage with a spray can.

wsucougarx

I do not have an air compressor. Could I use the emergency glad hand off the back of my deuce to paint the truck? Is the air pressure high enough? Please advise

ida34

It is not a question of high enough pressure. Most air paint guns use lower input pressure than the compressor pressure. The big problem is volume. I would say the deuce air system would not provide enough CFM to properly paint with.

wsucougarx

Re: RE: Paint question

ida34 said:
It is not a question of high enough pressure. Most air paint guns use lower input pressure than the compressor pressure. The big problem is volume. I would say the deuce air system would not provide enough CFM to properly paint with.
Thanks

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even if it did have the pressure and volumne, other issues such as running the truck to keep up the PSI & CFM will cause exhaust particles in the wet paint, and, is the air system completely free of moisture and oil?
Small compressors should not be expensive to rent, just make sure you get one suitable for the gun you're going to use.

AJMBLAZER

Do a search. This was discussed fairly recently in the conversations forum and various vendors for it were discussed along with their merits.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks