• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painted M1008 today!!!

chevyrac66

Well title says it all!! Painted a M1008 today! Here's some pics to show ya! Tried to make it as correct as possible with the spec sheet! Will be putting a little video together soon and will post it as well! Also , couldnt quite figure out how to post the pics sorry for the links, 1rst pic is the paintbooth the rest are the truck in various stages!!! ENJOY

steved454

I will have mine there monday morning!:-D Lets see I will need to start last your to make it in time comeing from Ms at 45 miles an hour!

Great Paint Job!

chevyrac66

Thanks Guys!!! We used GCI industrial coatings. Good stuff to lay down. Were starting to refurbish these at Classic and Performance Mustangs here in Denver, CO. It turned out really nice and I put it out front in the sun and wow she's a bueaty. (sp?) Were probably going to paint an M1009 that I've been working on here this week! Got the video made just need to upload it tonight. It shows us spraying and some pics of the work too!!! Thanks for all the positive feedback!:-D

dragman

Nice job........Looks Great............A downflow paint booth is nice......im still in a upflow booth............not much overspray in your booth..........i use a 3M air suit and i need it..you should see my helmet..............Great Work:p

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice job guys, Next time wear your stay puff marshmellow man suits. I know it was Sunday and all, but you've got to be safe, at lease the GCI paint was not activated. See you at work tommorrow, do you need a new suit?

Last edited: