• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

painted my truck

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forgot to mention I added red LED lights to the dash. Also during this I sprayed the inside of the gauge pods with "chrome" paint. It really made the lights reflect brighter. No squinting to see the gauges and looks better. I even did the 4x4 shiftlight with a red LED. All other bulbs done in white leds.
swyne,
WHERE did you get LED dash light bulbs? Did I miss something? And wouldn't a white paint do a better job on reflecting light? I've been considering painting my under dash plastic. But I'm going with white. Every time I used silver, I end up redoing it in white.

Thx for the great work. I'm going this direction with my M1028 I'm going to get this next week.

Now all I've got to figure out is how to mount the M1009 front bucket seats in my M1028. I have a nice set, but I'm not sure if their current mounting brackets will work.

Last edited:

militarytrux

I used a 4" Rough Country lift on mine, $400.00 with shocks delivered to the house. Be careful when installing the steering arm extender, if the spring and bushing under the steering arm become un seated you may end up with death wobble when you put it back together, this usually happens because the cheap plastic bushing does not go back EXACTLY where it was and it throws the geometry out and the steering wheel wobbles when you hit a bump, if you're going to take the time to lift and correct the steering you should buy the bushing and spring kit, its about $30.00 on e-bay comes with everything you need and the front end will be nice and tight when your done, good luck..

86M10086.2L

wach out the "US NAVY For official use only". Of all people homeland security pulled me over one day driving home for work one day because from whatever rediculous angle he saw me from while I was doing 50 mph no less he could read the "US Army for official use only" that had already been sprayed over by GL to tell me I can't have that. Our tax dollars at work. Beautiful truck though.

Seabee15

Hey SEABEE, Great looking truck, I was in NMCB 1 2005-2010, Bravo Company then Delta Company (Convoy Security) CE2 here.....Now in Rochester recruiting (special warfare and programs recruiter). Let me know if your ever in the area...nice to see a fellow 'BEE on here.