• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

painting in the rain

hmburner

Since i had the day off,and the weather was perfect,i decided to paint the underside of my M 135 box. I have been working part time for the better part of a month,scraping off 52 years worth of accumulated rust/mud/old paint and patching a few holes.cost me 150 bucks for two gallons of special mix OD house paint and two gallons of reducer. Sprayed the mix at a ratio of 50/50 and all the air the little compressor could give me. Two hours later and a gallon and a half of paint i finished the second coat and shut down the compressor. A black cloud blew over and dropped buckets of rain on me and my new paint job. I will see tomorrow if there was any real damage ,but this is the underside of the box and the whole truck gets a final coat when im done anyways.

just my day at the office on a sunday
Bill

Attachments

randyscycle

I've found that the paint will take on a texture similar to that of the surface of the moon, with little craters all over from the raindrops, if the paint isn't hardened before it gets rained on.....Don't ask how I know.

littlebob

Lookin Good.
Rain has been my enemy for the last two years. everytime I get a weekend off from
the kids activities, i am greated with the moisture.
littlebob

Bill W

I feel your pain Bill
The last thing I painted on my (first) deuce was the bed, forty minutes later a rain shower blew in from nowhere, luckly I found ( after having my s**t fit ) that the hardner had kicked off enough to where I blew all the droplets off with a air nozzle and it looked fine....wheew!!