• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Painting the Deuce-Need sandpaper???

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I have been sanding for what seems like forever on the deuce. The local sandpaper suppliers are very expensive (around $1 a sheet). Does anyone have a source for cheap bulk sandpaper sheets? I have tons of disks but need the sheets.aua

dikwks

Can't help with the sandpaper source, but a needle gun will make life much easier on some of the thicker metal parts like the bed, bumpers and frame. Dont know that I'd use it on the cab sheet metal though.

Rick

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't help with the sandpaper source, but a needle gun will make life much easier on some of the thicker metal parts like the bed, bumpers and frame. Dont know that I'd use it on the cab sheet metal though.

Rick
Yeah, I'm not at all a fan of needle guns.:beer:

emr

Scuff and shoot, just feather the edges, I went crazy on my first deuce, 5 trucks later i went right to the scuff and shoot and feathers edges and was as happy as the first, it is a military truck and there is such a thing as to nice, But i had a to nice one, and loved it, so its up to the individual, but thats my advise if U want it... :beer:

Woodsplinter

Yes, they have silicon carbide(wet/dry), aluminum oxide, and garnet.
Box of 50 alum oxide 220grit- 1200 grit is $23.95. ( your choice of grit)
Don't know how that compares with other places but I have used it for years and it lasts much longer than the home depot stuff.
I'm not endorsing this co., just wanted to give you some options to choose from.

Good luck with your project! I know it's a lot of work.