• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pan gasket

spencer p

guy's Ihave a simple question, I need to replace the pan gasket on a deuce, it looks as if there is plenty of room to pull the pan from underneath and get it out, is this correct? anything else to know or check for while im there? thanks!!

DieselBob

guy's Ihave a simple question, I need to replace the pan gasket on a deuce, it looks as if there is plenty of room to pull the pan from underneath and get it out, is this correct? anything else to know or check for while im there? thanks!!
The procedure is in TM 9-2320-361-34, sec 3-11, page 3-34. They recommend jacking up one side of the axle to give you more clearance.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old thread I know but what brand of gasket sealant did you guys use? I'm thinking permatex. High tack brush on. Do you put on the block too?

scooter01922

Its what i use on everything and what i would use in this case. Nice even layer on the pan, nice even layer on the block, get everything all lined up with the gasket and you are good to go.