• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Papabear said "I'm getting worried about you"

zout

Sure thought you had a GamaGoat sitting there to be worked on and running :shock:

That Bobber is butt arse ugly as WM's photo PB keeps posting but it sure is a pretty POS.
Question is - will it be the first truck to be buried in the mud pit at the 2012 Ga Rally - putting Ferro and Tigger to shame that they did not get theirs deep enough

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've got a master cyl, but I need the pushrod before I can install it. Not sure what lines do what on the goat, so I wanted to get the MC in place so I could easily determine what line is what. Just waiting to head back from popacom about the parts I need (I'll PM him now).

I'm thinking about installing a locker in the rear before the rally as well. There's a good possibility that it will be out in the mud to play. :twisted:

hwcurtice

Well how many bobbed dually front wheel drive dueces have you seen? I might have the only one at the moment...
Dually, Front wheel drive... Yeah. Only seen one of those, There was a Dually 4x4 Deuce on the local CL a few months ago, with a winch. I think the guy wanted $16k for it.

And it wasn't black...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
More progress today. Took the driveshaft with me into work. A friend of mine told me about this shop. I also was recommended them by a co-worker as well.

DRIVE SHAFT SERVICE: HOME

Let me say, great job! I dropped off the driveshaft at 8am today. Got a call at 10:30am telling me it was ready. Grand total to retube it, $103.67. :drool:

Anyhow, got it home and plugged it into the truck and took it for a real drive. Gotta say, I like how it handles better now on duals and the 4" longer wheelbase. Feels like it's on rails now. (Relatively speaking of course LOL!)

I won a set of air shocks for the rear as well. I'm going to use that to dampen the rear and allow me to dial in the height just right (and for loads). Also waiting to see if I win another item off ebay.

I also picked up a light from IroncladGA today at lunch. Going out there now to install it...

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Honestly I didn't ask. But the vibration I had before is gone now. There's no weights on it. But it was a quality job they did.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Oh yeah, light is installed as well! Probably be wed. before I get it tagged and the front boot replaced. (Having to work at the office today and tomorrow)

BTW, it will peg the speedo as well. :shock:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
During my 13 years working at a foundry, one of our best machinists would take in DriveShaft Jobs.

After he'd finished welding the U-Joint Ends onto the tube he'd spin-up his lathe to at least 3x the expected driveshaft rotation speed.

Then he'd apply torch heat to "warp" the tube ever so slightly and get it balanced.

He never added weights, just had a talent for tweeking the geometry until it ran smoothly.

It was interesting to watch - Truely an ART, and not something he could teach to anyone else. Years of experience and "intuition".

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Picked up the tag and insurance on it today. Tomorrow afternoon I'll try to stock up on some fuel.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Also picked up a radio antenna, but it's too dark to install now. (CD player works, but radio only has static without an antenna) Also picked up some hose to setup my new WMO pump. I'll try to pick up some fuel tomorrow afternoon and install the antenna.

I've got a CB radio as well that I'm considering tossing in there, but I'm not sure.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Also picked up a radio antenna, but it's too dark to install now. (CD player works, but radio only has static without an antenna) Also picked up some hose to setup my new WMO pump. I'll try to pick up some fuel tomorrow afternoon and install the antenna.
I've got a CB radio as well that I'm considering tossing in there, but I'm not sure.
I hope ya can drive her down here to pick up your transmission this weekend...I wanna see her:beer:

plym49

This is a nice thing about a bobber: you can install a lot of stuff that would be out of place on a regular Deuce.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I hope ya can drive her down here to pick up your transmission this weekend...I wanna see her:beer:
Well I had hoped that would be the case, but it doesn't look like my brake hoses will make it here in time. I've got a hose on the front end that is missing a tiny chunk of the outer jacket. I drove it home like that from Macon, but I just wouldn't want to press my luck.

I did however get my valve cover gaskets and axle boot today. The rain came in this afternoon so I didn't get much done. I only got the valve cover gaskets swapped and the valves checked. It's just too messy and dark now to tackle the boot tonight. That'll be done tomorrow morning. I'll also be installing the rear shocks tomorrow as well.

I also secured an AC system as well.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Made a little progress today. Boot installed. Fabbed up shock brackets and welded them onto the housing. Installed air shocks, and I moved the rear shackle hangers back 1" to help the shackle angle. Running great. Also tightened up a loose air compressor belt. Picked up 50 gallons of waste oil as well. I'll probably give it a bath sunday afternoon. I hope I'll get my brake hoses monday so I can drive it into work Tuesday.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
She's ready for duty.

Swapped the brake lines today, bled brakes, adjusted them. Washed it down, and touched up the paint in some spots.

I'm thinking about some stenciling. Maybe some white stars on the doors?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have been informed that I have reached vehicle capacity for our current location. Any future vehicle acquisitions will require storage at an alternate facility. Or a new larger HQ. :shock:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I have been informed that I have reached vehicle capacity for our current location. Any future vehicle acquisitions will require storage at an alternate facility. Or a new larger HQ. :shock:
See a HQ move in the future (very near future), because there is NO cure nor intervention for OD addiction,

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks