• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

papago and Jack's surplus

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back from AZ. Took a side trip to Jack's surplus...then off to Papago.

Jack of Jack's surplus is a very kind host. Happy to show off his trucks, helecopters, etc.

At Papago's, it was awsome running into several SS members...L7, Arizonadeuce and groundog. BTW groundog, thanks for the coffee and great company!

Here are few pics. The first are from Jack's the last are from the show.

Attachments

6x6pinz

RE: papago and Jack

All the really cool trucks were out front, Oh yeah guess I am prejudice. I only took my Daf YA126 and M37 this year. Had to work the parking lot all day so did not get a chance to hang out with anyone.

AZDeuce

Big Mike

It was nice to meet you and you wife. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I go to Jack's, lots of cool stuff to kill my finances:) I found a local guy who "may" have a useable Deuce fuel tank, if that turns out to be a false lead, I may have you see what you can find for me in CA. I have a friend who goes to big bear/tower park/ or what ever it's called this year meet every year, his name is John Bichler. If neccessary he could hook up with you...if you're going, and if, I need you to find a tank, and bring it home. That would be a LOT cheaper than shipping.

Next time your coming towards Phx, give me a heads up, I'm on the way, just 1/2 mile South of I-10 off of Miller Rd (where the Loves Truck Stop is). Maybe we can head to the desert and bust some caps, or just visit and talk MVs.

Later - Tom

gunner01

RE: Ambulances at Jacks

Thanks for a trip down memory lane. Papago will always have a place in my heart, as that is where I was last stationed, flyingthe AH64 Apache... Gunner loves Arizona.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: Ambulances at Jacks

tamangel said:
looks like a great place...

besides the near view M725's, what are those other ones farther down?

are these just parts trucks or do any run or ?

Mike
According to Jack, most will run with little work. He says he is not into parts trucks. His deal is to get an order for a truck, then build it for the customer. His prices are far from "salvage" deals.

tamangel

Jacks work..

So has anyone here 'placed an order' with him? I'd be interested in anyones experiences from order to out the gate..Any pic's before and after..? Sounds like a good guy..

Mike

gunhog11

Re: Jacks work..

tamangel said:
So has anyone here 'placed an order' with him? I'd be interested in anyones experiences from order to out the gate..Any pic's before and after..? Sounds like a good guy..

Mike
M1009s, as of 2 years or so ago, $7500 firm. He does them up to what I'd rate as, at best, good stock condition, certainly nothing spectacular and nothing $7500 worth, but you do get a good condition running truck, no frills. IIRC, M35s were $8000, and M54/813s were $14,000. Prices vary within there for everything else. He has alot of M135/211s that I don't think are ever going to sell (nor does he). One sad fact is that about 3 years ago, a yard next to his was loaded with stored tires and caught fire in the summer. The radiant heat from that fire destroyed about 40 trucks of his that were in his yard next to that one. Many M35 variants, M49s, 3 530B/C trucks, and some other types were completely burned up. The tire yard had no insurance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks