• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parachute Fails on HMMWV

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me it looks like it was deliberately crushed. Where is the body?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This same thing happened when my brother first joined the 82nd AB. He was a new 2nd LT and was being "schooled" by some Staff Sergeant about the way they do it in the 82nd (I believe my brother told me that he said "stand back, LT, and watch how its done in the 82nd!"). Well, they watched a road grader get dropped out of a C130 (not sure of the plane right now) and the parachute failed to deploy. He told me that you only heard a faint whistling sound and then a loud crash as the loader hit the deck. When they drove over to it, my brother told me the grader had embedded itself in the ground so far that he could literally look over the a** end of it.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted the same on g503, but I'm pretty sure the HMMWV separated from the platform. I think in that picture the HMMWV is actually upside down. the lack of body work tells me that. If they had sand filled crates in there to represent ammo, I would not be surprised if gravity started tugging on that instead.

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
I guy up the road from me buys alot of military surplus.He has a hmmwv that the chute did not open on.It looks similiar.

FASTNOVA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is one of these new inflatable HMMWV's. It is deflated while in transport then re-inflated once it reach's it's destination.

or

This could be one of those experimental dehydrated HMMWV's, just add water and fluids and it comes back to life.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks