• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Park Brake, should I have to bump forward to

opie65

Move in reverse after I release the P.B.?

i.e.

Park Brake on
Drop Handle
Won't move backwards
Bump 1st gear
Now can move backwards...

Thanks, Guys.

Scrounger

It sounds to me like the parking brake is sticking. I would check/ lube the parking brake cable first. Then lube the pivot points for the parking brake shoe. There should be a mustache shaped spring that pushes the shoe away from the drum present. If it is missing I would recommend installing/replacing it. The spring prevents the shoe from dragging.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
It sounds to me like the parking brake is sticking. I would check/ lube the parking brake cable first. Then lube the pivot points for the parking brake shoe. There should be a mustache shaped spring that pushes the shoe away from the drum present. If it is missing I would recommend installing/replacing it. The spring prevents the shoe from dragging.
:ditto:I even added an extra spring

1stDeuce

My deuce was like this when I first bought it too... It doesn't seem to do that anymore, and the brake drum was pretty rusty at the time. Drum looks better now, but there's some oily mess on the mechanism that I need to clean off...

Might just need some TLC and a little mileage to clean up the rust. I use mine when I move the truck just to keep it working. (Apply and release each time I start the truck if I didn't already have it set.)
C

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Similar problem, read it and look for all 3 springs on your truck. Adjust the P brake according to the TM.