• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Park Light

motormayhem

Well after sitting for 2 months or so I fired up m1009 and everything is fine, except the parking brake light on the dash wont shut off. I disconnected the switch and it still stays illuminated. Is there an easy or common fix to get it working properly again?

Crash_AF

The brake light on the dash is not only a parking brake light, but also a brake system warning light. Does your pedal feel normal? Pump it a few times with the motor off and see if the switch in the proportioning valve centers and shuts it off.

Later,
Joe

Westech

CPL
Crash is right.. may be low on fluid. Also make sure to set the parking brake and let it slam off a couple times.. sometimes the switch sticks. (I know you said you disconnected it but try it again)

jimm1009

Brake light

There is a wire going to the brake proportioning valve that I believe gives you
a warning light if the brake system is weak aka; low on braking pressure or perhaps if the differential pressure is too far off.

If you are just getting the truck I would bleed the brakes and get some fresh fluid in the system too as well as fixing the obvious.
Unless you have changed it it is supposed to be DOT 5 (not 5A) which is silicone based fluid.
Good luck and let us know what you find.
I have my M1009 as my daily driver since late 1995 (125,000 miles since I purchased it).

Jim

motormayhem

Well I tinkered with the dash and it went out and seems to be working properly again. I think the system might be a tad low on fluid but it is operating normally so it shouldn't have triggered the light. I am going top it off tomorrow but for now all is good.

stuinnh

Well I tinkered with the dash and it went out and seems to be working properly again. I think the system might be a tad low on fluid but it is operating normally so it shouldn't have triggered the light. I am going top it off tomorrow but for now all is good.
I had the same problem with my 1009. I found problem was contact wasn't hitting right. It would stay on. Get under dash and look at it. I bent the contact until it was working properly. Simple fix if it's that.

JAsher45

hey guys i am having the same issue on my truck... i just installed a 4 inch lift kit.. and i replaced the brake lines and vaccum bled the brakes and flushed the system while i had it in the air... is it possible that i still have air in the system.... when i drive the brakes feel firm and and will lock up.... when i hit a bump the light will flicker off and on but mainly stays on.. it is isolated to the proportioning valve switch and not the parking brake switch. any input would be great

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks