• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Park M1009 faced uphill= hard/No start

edpdx

I have a parking space in my yard that has a small incline to it. I have noticed that when I park the Blazer there- Nose "up" it won't start- just cranks as if there is no gas. I have released the parking brake and rolled it backward to a level spot and it turns right over.

I am guessing that the incline is creating rearward suction on the fuel line?

Is this the norm or is it fixable? What happens if I ever have to park in Than Franthithco?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen others post this same issue. I don't recall the determination of the problem.

Off the top of my head, I would suggest you remove and clean(with carb a choke cleaner and a blow gun) the return line check valve(on top of the IP).

K9Vic

I have a parking space in my yard that has a small incline to it. I have noticed that when I park the Blazer there- Nose "up" it won't start- just cranks as if there is no gas. I have released the parking brake and rolled it backward to a level spot and it turns right over.

I am guessing that the incline is creating rearward suction on the fuel line?

Is this the norm or is it fixable? What happens if I ever have to park in Than Franthithco?

I sure hope you do not have gas in your diesel truck.

I park my CUCV trucks all the time on an incline as that is how my driveway is, never had a problem. But maybe that is because I maintain my filter and keep the return line glass ball clean. That is likely your issue as noted, clean the return line glass ball.

kenz5380

If your lift pump is bad it may be that the IP just doesn't have the pull to get the fuel up that incline. You could check your fuel pressure from the lift pump to the IP.

MAGNUM

I had the same issue. Turned out to be a bad seal in the sensor behind the fuel filter. It drove me crazy! I found the solution HERE. I had to replace the filter housing. I do not remember what the name of the web site was that had the part, I will try and find my reciept. Apparently it is a common problem.

acesneights1

Drainback. A few possibilties. The return Check vale is possible. Also check around the throttle shaft on the IP for wetness. Very common. Also the mech lP. I'd toss the mech Lp anyway but that's me..You ncould put a check valve inline to the IP. The FFM housing suck too as was said . Also make sure the fuel cap is not creating a huge vacuum because of a clogged vent.

edpdx

I did find the culprit a few months after posting this. The fuel line above the fuel pump had a slice in it. I have no idea how it got there; but it was allowing air in, which because there was no longer a vacuum in the fuel line created the drainback condition.

If you can't get the rig to start after having parked facing uphill, try filling a dollar store ketchup bottle with talcum and point the snoot at all of your fuel lines, giving them each a light dusting. It is a little messy; but it will help you find the leak(s) faster.