• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking brake in freezing weather mishap barley avoided

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chucky,

So, I had to add a "Haha" in reply to your message. Normally wouldn't have done that... Guess after figuring out that you didn't die and that your Pick Up Truck didn't get flattened - it appeared to be an okay day.

Have to laugh to keep from crying almost...

I keep thinking we need to develop and market the "Old Guy Step" for these trucks.
Maybe something we can hang on the driver's side tire to hustle up with a little less effort.

That might be good until somebody forgot the step was hanging on the tire.
Then the "Old Guy Step" gets flattened or the truck gets damaged :-(

Just darn glad it worked out better than it could have for you and your trucks!

:cool:

Tim
Copy that i was lucky ! God looks out for drunks and fools thank goodness !

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It was probly your video on youtube i watched a little while back Thanks
I finally went through my first cleanup / rebuild for the dryer. Several videos I watched were slimy and nasty inside. Mine was amazingly clean - like somebody had cleaned it. There was some sort of gritty little stuff on the exhaust or "spit valve" on the bottom. The seal kit was much easier to install that I expected ONLY because (for once!) nothing was rusted or stuck!!

Most difficult for me was removing the bolts that went through the frame supporting the dryer.

All the dryer videos I watched were done "on the truck". I spent the effort to get the bolts out and take it inside to work on it... Might not have been the smartest plan, but it allowed me to do the rebuild INSIDE in the warm and dry.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks