• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Brake Lining Thickness

pfrederi

Still working on my young friends M35A2. Outer parking Brake lining is almost gone inner is thin. There is a local place that does relining but they may ask me how thick...Can anyone help with thickness of new linings??

Thank you
Paul f

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have a set of NOS linings on the shelf at home but I am in Florida. If someone will remind me on Monday or Tuesday I'll get a caliper and measure them.

pfrederi

I really had tried searching before posting but when I used Parking Brake Lining I got 563 hits. Added + signs same result tried in Quotes and was told it was to common. Any additional search tips would be appreciated.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying multiple terms is how I usually do it.

In this case I would try and advanced search in the deuce forum for, parking brake pad thickness, e-brake lining thickness,or brake shoe thickness. Maybe try them all with dimension in it as well.

Evaluating hundreds of thread titles is part of the game as well. This is why members need to use descriptive thread titles.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last edited:

3dAngus

In the interest of saving time, the Doghead link gave the answer from WillWagner as;

Inner, .240. Outer, .232.

Measured from a set of NOS loose linings.
Dave from eastern surplus is selling one of these for $7 today. It is unclear if it is the inner or outer.
Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks