• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parking Brake Switch

zak

Is there an upgrade to install a parking brake light switch in the M35A2? I noticed that some of the vendors are carrying what they call a parking brake switch, part# 2540-01-259-0283. I'm assuming that its a warning light that the emergency brake is on. Anybody have this on their truck? For those of us with CRS it might help.

AceHigh

If it is like the one on the A3 it is a little switch pop rivited to the handle. Power comes from the main switch to a LED light on the dash then to the switch then to ground. The light has two wires, one with power the other to the switch.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
SS member Jimma's truck has one. But it's different than the switch pictured. Rally cool. Perhaps he will post some pictures of it.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 2 A2's that have a switch & light
One light is in the center of the gauge panel & the other is in the dash to the left of the map box, I think each has a different switch set up
nothing like the one pictured above though.

edit:
both trucks do have the same switch, it is a lever switch.
When the brake handle is pulled up the switch is on, and when the handle is down against the switch lever the light goes off.

Last edited:

ccequipment

Most of the ones I have seen in the A2's use a push button start switch just like the one you start your A2 with for the contact switch at the brake handle and a dash light for the warning light. Simple set up I do have the switches and lights new in stock