• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part Needed - Shock Mount with Embedded Bolts

Ozarker

Anyone know where I can find the shock mounts (?) with embedded bolts on each end that fit between the headlight bracket and the headlight assembly?

I don't have a picture or the part at home with me and couldn't find the exact part in the TMs anywhere. There's a reference on page 7-106 of the 20-3-1 TM to a stud that is similar in function, but the ones I'm referring to have a black rubber shock absorber or bushing around the middle of the stud.

I'll take a picture tomorrow if that description isn't clear enough.

**For future reference, below is a picture of the part as shown on the McMaster-Carr site**

Attachments

Last edited:

Ozarker

Yeah, there's 12 of them in the two headlight assemblies. I don't have to replace all of them, but some of them were corroded and ripped in half when I was taking apart the headlight assemblies.

Ozarker

I think you guys are right that they all need replaced. If I put any of the old ones back on, I'm sure they will not survive the next removal; and it's a pain cutting them out.

ems4ty

:ditto:

I hear your pain in regards to cutting the old ones out. I had one he$$ of a time on a few of them. Almost had some bloody knuckles to go with it too. Anyways, good luck!

-Tyler

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks