• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part Needed - Shock Mount with Embedded Bolts

Ozarker

Anyone know where I can find the shock mounts (?) with embedded bolts on each end that fit between the headlight bracket and the headlight assembly?

I don't have a picture or the part at home with me and couldn't find the exact part in the TMs anywhere. There's a reference on page 7-106 of the 20-3-1 TM to a stud that is similar in function, but the ones I'm referring to have a black rubber shock absorber or bushing around the middle of the stud.

I'll take a picture tomorrow if that description isn't clear enough.

**For future reference, below is a picture of the part as shown on the McMaster-Carr site**

Attachments

Last edited:

Ozarker

Yeah, there's 12 of them in the two headlight assemblies. I don't have to replace all of them, but some of them were corroded and ripped in half when I was taking apart the headlight assemblies.

Ozarker

I think you guys are right that they all need replaced. If I put any of the old ones back on, I'm sure they will not survive the next removal; and it's a pain cutting them out.

ems4ty

:ditto:

I hear your pain in regards to cutting the old ones out. I had one he$$ of a time on a few of them. Almost had some bloody knuckles to go with it too. Anyways, good luck!

-Tyler