• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Part number for U-Joint in the front axle shaft ???

gjswt19

I have searched the TM manuals and the only number I could find is the entire axle shaft not just the U-joint. I have searched steel soldiers and can only find the drive shaft u-joints. If anyone knows the part number for the axle shaft u-joint on an LMTV that would be very helpful.

Thank You

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking the wrong part. Thinking back now, I wish I had taken more pictures when had them out. Any drive line shop should be able to source them.

gjswt19

I think I have located a part number and will verify once it arrives, CP750N, it says freightliner but is for 2.5 ton Rockwell axles

sjohn116

by all means, if I'm wrong, please say so, but I was under the impression that since Spicer invented the u-joint in the early 1900's, any and all U-joints in the market have a spicer series and part number. Easily determined by measuring the cup diameter and the overall width across the + u-joint

The u-joint all by itself should be quickly and easily identified by the technician at any driveline shop.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Slightly off topic: I am looking for two of the long front axle shafts to modify if you guys have any in the parts pile.

You see, when I flip the chunk to a low pinion configuration the long axle becomes too long and the short one too short. If I have two long axles shortened then I could do the chunk flip and axle install the same day.