• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parting Deuce vs. selling complete prices.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok I am planning on purchasing this deuce that is just up the road from be a bit in order to get the winch setup from it. I am trying to get an idea if it is worth more parted then selling it together. The truck has some fender accident damage, and has been picked over a bit with a little rust. I am not sure if it runs, but the engine looked a little rough externally. I am not looking for another project, so I don't want to spend too much time on this. I also don't want this ending up costing me more then just buying a winch kit.

This M35A2 is nothing unique by the way just has a winch.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Outdoorbum I have to win this thing first, but I will keep you in mind once the EUC clears. It might be easier to sell it all together, as I imagine it takes alot of work to pull one apart.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Somebody is on crack..... $3,200?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I paid a lot less for my great runner with tarp bows seats and heater and it was right down the road in St Julians. I fear this is a sign that money heavy folks are buying these to get axles for kids with rock crawlers. Keep you old iron it is going up in value.
Have a blessed and Merry Christmas

houdel

WOW! I can't believe a parts truck went for $3200.00. I thought I paid too much when I paid $2485 (plus the 10% premium to GL, of course) for my Deuce which needed only a new battery and some minor wrenching to get it into serviceable condition. Mine didn't have a winch, but those folks in VA must be really hungry for Deuces! I even drove my Deuce 230 miles home on GI diesel, it had nearly a full tank of fuel when I picked it up!

devilman96

Man... I feel better and better every time I read a auction thread... I picked mine up w/w for $2600 last April... minus a few mechanical "glitches" it was in excellent shape considering everything!!!!

I don't get what people are doing with these things... Selling all of the parts at fair prices axles... motor... trans... tc... winch... etc your right at the $3200 mark unless you have a few eBay suckers in your sights.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I don't think it was just someone wanting the axles as there was another truck there too that was similar except it was missing the engine and tranny that went for $730.
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1024022&categoryId=1004
I also don't think that you could part that truck for anything close for $3200 as the shipping would make it parts dealers and such. My max bid was going to be around $1500, but it was beyond that when I got back from inspecting. I can only figure this was a pissing contest between two people for this. I have been to enough "real" auction to see used items go for new prices due to this.

Anyways now that I have bashed the winner for paying this. If the winner is out there do you want to sell the rear cargo seats or the winch? If you need help picking it up I can give a hand.

Someone did get a good deal on this truck though.
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=1064130&categoryId=1004
I had thought about buying that. I could have gotten part of my money back by recycling the back attachment. I just don't need another project.