• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parting out an mep 003a runs good

maddog

Decided not to try to make it make electricity.
MAKE OFFERS SEE BELOW- BLOWOUT SALE - EVERYTHING MUST GO - ETC ETC.
Motor runs great.
Had it running for a couple hours with 40 psi oil pressure and it charged the batteries just fine. Air vents at exaust opened as they should after warm up.

I am parting it out.

Please let me know what you are interested in and I will let you know if I still have it. Some parts have been promised already. If I have promised it to you, please speak up soon.

Thanks
Jim

I will sell the motor but not the injectors or pump. (unless you make an offer I cant refuse, otherwise I will keep that stuff as spares)

I will ship any of it anywhere USA you pay shipping.

Always interested in an interesting trade. Gold, lead, hardware, etc. You get the idea.

Last edited:

rat4spd

I'd like the float switch and level indicator, or the whole fuel tank assembly depending on price. PM me your price please.

David Ames

maddog

I have read the replies and the PMs. I will get back to all of you tomorrow with prices, I just dont have the time right now.

So far none of you are asking for the same thing and I have everything you all have expressed interest in.

Thanks for the interest.

jbk

hello i had asked you about a good fuel tank a while back when you were thinking about parting out. let me know if you still have and how much. thanks

maddog

Ok, here is what I came up with. If anybody thinks any of these prices are too high, just tell me what they should be. I just want to be fair and hopefully I will recoup some of my investment.

Everything electrical looks to be in order but cant confirm the 120-240/208 stuff. It just didnt make electricity.

All prices are PLUS shipping- SPF = sold pending funds

Fuel tank - no leaks (I had fuel in it)(no fuel sensor or gauge)(cap and strainer included) slightly dented on top corner - $45

Generator end fan cover (louvered) - $15

Engine - running good, I guarantee it- no injectors or govener or motor mounts - just the engine- $400

Generator head - $175

Both engine and generator head together as a unit - $500

% of load, gauge - $30

master start switch and amp/volt transfer switch- $50 (with knobs)

1 panel light - $15

air cleaner canister (no filter or hose) - $50

All sheet metal (includes mechanism to open louvers and it works)- $125

Oil cooler - $75

Slave recepticle with wire (24v) - $25

motor mounts (2 available) - $25 ea

I didnt list everything, so if you are interested in something I did not list, just ask.

The ones that asked for specific things already you have first dibs. Please pm me with a conformation.

I will keep this list updated. If I have not answered you PMs, contact me again.

Last edited:

maddog

I have posted some pics of the unit I am parting out so you can see the condition of things.

Note the dent visible in 2 photos of the dent in the fuel tank. It does not leak.

Additional items I forgot to mention-

fuel pumps - $40 ea.

fuel filter assembly - $40

Attachments

Last edited:

jbk

i need a freq, transducer and good hertz gauge if ypu still have. i sent you a private message a while back. let me know jim

djwils285

i can use a few parts from a MEP-003a

In particular, i need the push button circuit breaker that protects the convenience outlet. Also need the voltmeter. Send me an email on djwils285 AT aol.com
Do you have these leftover?
Regards!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in need of a master control switch (pre heat, off, prime, run, start). Also need a panel light bulb.

Will $20 get them to me, if you have them?

Last edited:

hurst01

Maddog,

I sent you a PM but haven't heard from you. I need the reconnection switch (under the flip down door on left side of control panel) that changes it from 120v-120/240 single phase and 240v 3 Pz. I also need a transducer.

Ed

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still waiting to hear back as well.

No rush, anytime later today would be great!:wink:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maddog, you posted a link to this thread for the guy looking for sheetmetal. I never heard back on the parts I needed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks