• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parting Out CUCV

tgtaylor64

I have found a junked 84 CUCV in Georgia and I plan to go down in December and get as much off of it as I can. What do you recommend if you could only get under ten items? Bringing back the whole thing is not an option. Thanks!

motorman

nothing . . . just let me know where it is so i can go get the whole thing!!

seriously, when you are done picking what you want please let me know the location (and what is left) so i can check the corpse.

thanks
m

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One part, from the pintle, or it's former location (if applicable), forward.

2deuce

Dash pads are always hard to find in good shape. Other than that get the military specific items. A good tailgate and working window, bumpers and brackets.

Brent.Cain

i say find a way to get the whole thing home wouldnt be worth the time and money to bring home only ten parts find sumbody near you to help you go get the whole thing and you guys and pick what parts you want and if both of you want the same part then flip for it and then who ever wins that round has to give up an item next the next part you guys both want but spare trans and T-case are always nice pull the axle shafts and rear diffcover and get the locker out front lock outs tail gate grill if its in good shape them trucks have what dana 44 front axles pull all the calipers and rotors so you can do a rear disk conver. to a GM14 bolt FF maybe pull the front gears also so you have a matching set of gears to sale if they are 4.56

lindyp38

first....get what u need for ur truck......

then.....get what u think u might need.....down the road.....

and finally......get those parts that are becoming difficult to find.....

good luck....

its too bad u cant take the whole truck......that would be best....:driver:

salt6

Try and take as much time as you can. If you rush you will miss alot of small stuff, like the gas cap, cards under the dash, etc, etc, etc. Take as much as you can and take a truck with you, it will fill up quick.

mf5129

starter and bracket.all the relays the glow plug module.ip pump.tailgate and hardware.steering column.these are hardest to find at a reasonable price.