• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts for LDT-465 6-CYLINDER MULTIFUEL in 1971 M35A2

mcburton

Hello folks,

I am about to buy a non-running M35A2 with the LDT-456 6-cyl engine. I am new to restoring old military engines like this -- anyone know a source for engine parts?

Thank you.

Matt

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Sure, you can get any part of this engine new from Memphis Equipment Company, 901-774-0600. There are other suppliers, but these are good folks, and in my back yard, so they are who I use.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle

jwaller

memphis is the most expensive of the lot on here. saturn is much much cheaper. if you need a complete eng or anything inbetween most ppl here have what you need for far less than retain. I know of several ppl of have multiple spare engines and I myself have 2. so anything you need can be found here by asking.

mcburton

Thank you Mr. Doyle, Mr. Waller, and Jeff for the information! This is very helpful.

Regards,

Matt Burton

devilman96

Welcome to the site and ditto on everything said but I have something to add...

Being that you can pick up a surplus motor in excellent condition for 800-1000$ it is not at all fruitful or practical to rebuild a multi for the time being... I am sure there will come a day when we will all have no choice but for the moment enjoy the bounty...

If your into tinkering and just want some thing to do and or (like I tend to be) are just anal retentive about knowing the condition of your ride and what you can and can not expect from it there is still a great deal to be said about picking up a surplus engine and going though the specs checking wear tolerances and replacing "as needed" vs. outright rebuilding one...

On the other hand it sure would be nice to have a spec'ed out blue printed motor too... *evil grin* and I would just love to see someone do it from the ground up so I have an idea of what kinda $ it would take!!!

So... In saying all of this look at what your wallet, ability, etc can afford and handle... and go for whatever!!! There is TONS of information to be found here and lots and LOTS of good people whom will jump through hoops to help a fellow MV'er out...