• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts for M1101 Brakes.

01GRANDER

Where can I find parts for a m1101? I think I found all the bearings and such but the backing and brakes are completely ruined. I also need the castle nut.

Any sources on parts? Or alternatives? Running on a humvee. Just bought and I’m not sure if the wheel fell off while driving or what but the backing plate is definitely damaged and everything is rusted.

Thanks

Attachments

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well one alternative would be to jettison all that brake nonsense for later use as cannon fodder, eliminating any future problems they will cause .

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the tm to get the part numbers and cross over. I suspect it is dexter.

Not sure you are going to get a complete assembly, might have to piece together. Brake Shoes, Wheel cyl, and hardware kit should be readily available.

Does the brake drum go on correctly?

I suspect it was robbed of parts and dragged when surplussed at the drmo lots and gp.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That appears to be a free-Back unit.
Allows trailer to be backed up loaded and it will not apply the brakes as you back up a hill.

Dexter makes them.

It’s a great system.
They also make them as an upgrade to the M101A2-3 trailers so you no longer have to use a lockout pin.

Everything you need is still available commercially through Croft/Dexter etc.

Just look at the Parts TM and go from there.

01GRANDER

That appears to be a free-Back unit.
Allows trailer to be backed up loaded and it will not apply the brakes as you back up a hill.

Dexter makes them.

It’s a great system.
They also make them as an upgrade to the M101A2-3 trailers so you no longer have to use a lockout pin.

Everything you need is still available commercially through Croft/Dexter etc.

Just look at the Parts TM and go from there.
I’m literally just looking at those right now. Haha.
The only other thing I need is a castle nut, any chance you’d know one that will fit on that spindle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks