• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts list for complete axle service.

coyotegray

My M35a2 has some leaking brake cylinders on the front and a axle seal leaking on the rear.
My plan was to do a full service on the front axle and the seals on the rear.

But... I have run into the chance to have any work done to the truck I want for minimal labor cost if I supply the parts. It's a local Vo-Tech with a training program for Medium/Heavy Diesel Truck technicians. The instructor is top notch, they have an amazing shop and have done excellent work for people I know as class projects. So Im going to jump on this chance and have all the axles fully serviced, everything replaced.

What I need to do is get everything needed together by August. Lucky, I have that much time, the parts will not be cheap.

Here is what I have listed so far.

2 Front axle seal kits
2 Front axle boots with clamps

Brake hose set:

1 FRONT CENTER FRAME TO AXLE HOSE
2 FRONT WHEEL HOSES
2 REAR CENTER FRAME TO AXLE HOSES

6 Wheel cylinders
4 Rear axle seal kits
6 Bearing kits
6 Brake shoe kits with springs

Brake Fluid
Grease
Gear Oil

Is there anything I am missing.?
Also, any advice on where to purchase. I don't want cheap boots that won't last, etc..

Thanks,
Andy..

Last edited:

welldigger

You will need 6 drive flange gaskets if you don't want them to use rtv. You will need the 2 inner axle seals for the front. Then an inner and outer grease seal for each side of each axle. Get the silicone boots in whatever color you like.....I prefer black. They seem to hold up the best. Just be sure they bend the bolts down on the clamps. Otherwise you run the risk of piercing the boot. They aren't as resistant to sharp objects as rubber ones but they don't seem to dry rot nearly as fast.

DieselBob

Make sure the instructor has the manual pages and illustrations for the work they are doing because these are different from regular civvy truck axles they are use to. Be sure that you have new copper washers for the banjo bolts that connect the brake hoses to the wheel cylinders. Be sure the front brake hoses that go from the axle to wheel cylinder are the longer 5ton type.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks