• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts needed to turn a 2 man m1123 into 4 man

blutow

Assuming I already have a 4 man soft top kit (top, c pillar, bows, doors, etc. ) , what all is need to make a basic 2 man m1123 into a 4 man?

Seats, seat belts and hardware/mounts, seat bases?, etc.?

Anywhere I can find a listing of parts needed?

Here is the truck if it helps:

I don't mind diggin into parts diagrams, etc. to figure out what's needed, but not sure where to start.

Any guidance is appreciated. Looking to start hunting down parts while I'm waiting on the truck.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Order your stuff from a known source of OEM parts. You have plenty of time to gather your stuff. Don’t buy the EBay conversion kits for 1,200 they are Chinese or worse.You will need C-pillar, roof rails, possibly seat bases for the rear, seats for the rear and seat belts with brackets. Tunnel insulation is optional. Door striker, wire for the soft doors and the post type for hard doors. Just be careful what you buy and where. I just went thru this and I wasted money not knowing what I was getting. I got my c-pillar from Macmotors, shipping is expensive. I got new windshields for 83.49 with free shipping from AM General. You sign up and they will let you know when they are offering it. I was told this by a knowledgeable member here and I never would have figured it out on my own. Don’t feel like you need to get everything at once and if I had it to do again I would probably only have oil and filters waiting.

blutow

Order your stuff from a known source of OEM parts. You have plenty of time to gather your stuff. Don’t buy the EBay conversion kits for 1,200 they are Chinese or worse.You will need C-pillar, roof rails, possibly seat bases for the rear, seats for the rear and seat belts with brackets. Tunnel insulation is optional. Door striker, wire for the soft doors and the post type for hard doors. Just be careful what you buy and where. I just went thru this and I wasted money not knowing what I was getting. I got my c-pillar from Macmotors, shipping is expensive. I got new windshields for 83.49 with free shipping from AM General. You sign up and they will let you know when they are offering it. I was told this by a knowledgeable member here and I never would have figured it out on my own. Don’t feel like you need to get everything at once and if I had it to do again I would probably only have oil and filters waiting.
Thanks. I think I have a line on a soft top kit that includes the c pillar, rails, bows, top, doors, etc., just trying to understand the details of what else is needed. I've seen a "seat belt kit" that has a bunch of panels and stuff that I don't really understand what the panels are for. I know I'll need the actual seat belts and the brackets that mount up on the rear fender area, but not sure what else.

blutow

$4-5k these days lol.
Yeah, that's about what I'm budgeting. I think it wlll end up closer to the 5k mark or more. But I still think it's a better path compared to buying a 4 door right now. I bid on a 4 door this week and didn't get it. It went for 15,100. It was a nice truck, but the top and doors were trash. So, I'd be spending several thousand more replacing the doors and top just to get the truck usable. Reviewing past auctions, the nice m1123 4 doors seem to be going for 15-16K (or even higher) and the doors and tops are trash on pretty much all of them.

The 4 man top/door kits are really hard to come by right now, so it's hard to say what it will end up costing.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This should be the complete kit. This company bought all the tooling from Breton. I was quoted 3,400 for the kit. Part number can be searched to see what comes in it.
DA041337-E5EE-453A-BB5D-38ECF346BB10.png

blutow

This should be the complete kit. This company bought all the tooling from Breton. I was quoted 3,400 for the kit. Part number can be searched to see what comes in it.
View attachment 845489
Thanks. Yes, that looks like the full kit with top/doors/curtain/bows/c pillar, etc. They seem to have gone from ~$2500 to over $3k in the last month due to supply. I'm wondering if that's the new market price or if things will eventually drop back down. I'm not in any hurry, but there are a few NOS kits floating around at the higher price and I'm wondering if I should just grab one. I'm a little concerned with a new manufacturer they might run into some quality challenges until they get things figured out.

Now, when you said you got new windshields for $83.49 shipped is that for BOTH sides? Non-armor of course....

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet, I need to order a set for my M1123. GP seems to be removing them lately. Maybe because they are the armor ones
If it sits in the Yermo yard for any Length of time they will probably all need new windshields. I have drove thru there and it’s blowing rocks like it was sand. Really miserable place to be if you have paint on your vehicle. You are probably familiar with it also

blutow

It looks like this thread was moved out of the general HMMWV section into the hot rodding section. Why is asking about the parts for turning a 2 man hmmwv into a 4 man truck considered "hot rodding and modification"?

My very intent on asking about the parts required is to make sure I'm doing this the same as it would have been done originally, so I don't consider that modification and it's certainly not hot rodding. I'm not looking for aftermarket seats or tops/doors, just pure stock/OEM parts. I've made it through a couple thousange pages of TM's so far and found some info on the top and I've got my top/door kt on the way, but I still need to figure out what else I need and haven't gotten to any good diagrams on seating, seat belts, etc. yet.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like this thread was moved out of the general HMMWV section into the hot rodding section. Why is asking about the parts for turning a 2 man hmmwv into a 4 man truck considered "hot rodding and modification"?

My very intent on asking about the parts required is to make sure I'm doing this the same as it would have been done originally, so I don't consider that modification and it's certainly not hot rodding. I'm not looking for aftermarket seats or tops/doors, just pure stock/OEM parts. I've made it through a couple thousange pages of TM's so far and found some info on the top and I've got my top/door kt on the way, but I still need to figure out what else I need and haven't gotten to any good diagrams on seating, seat belts, etc. yet.
But the electric Humvee stays in the “HMMWV “ section? I guess ripping everything out and going from diesel to electric is not considered a modification here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks