• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts & numbers help please

Old Rusty m1008

One of my moron workers stole my CUCV Pickup last week and swamped it. I need some help with part numbers so that I can get new parts for it. First off I need new brake pads for the rear Dana 60 Will these interchange with the regular K30 ones I find in Auto Zone? I need an axel bearing and seal set for the both sides and I need two wheel cylinders Does anyone have a part number and brand for these items?

2002ford

Its a 14bolt full floater. The dana60 is the front axle. Any parts store will have your parts. Just ask for a 1984 1 ton rear axle parts.

markg

the rear has shoes, and you have to pull the axel shafts to do the brakes. i would try adjusting them first. e- brake work?. you will also need axel seals. its a pretty good job if you havent done one before, and very messy!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All the GM part numbers are in the TM parts manuals.

any "good" parts guy should be able to lookup the 1984 K30 parts. The brake shoes are the largest ones.

Old Rusty m1008

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/...8-0be2-4e41-9a9d-5df881eaef23_zpsdcf55d68.jpgA friend of mine is helping me get the truck right... he works for a regular shop and the truck is locked up without access until Tuesday (due to the holiday) andI was trying to find the parts so he could have them first thing in the AM. I did go to Auto Zone and they had no clue. Its not something readily in the computer for them so they cannot figure it out... I then went to Advance and a guy who I recently met. Hes pretty good with the parts and he thinks he figured it out.. The seals are either National Brand 417158 or 455086 computer lists both one is larger than the other the 3 inch shoes are FB358 . The wheel bearings are BCAA38 and theTRU wheel cylinders are W35325 I will see Tuesday if these guesses are right and work

lonewolf90

My Autozone guys just do the standard parts like this for my 1986 m1008 under the 86chevy 1ton 4x4 diesel. And to help from no one stealing your truck unhook the green wire from your injection pump when you park it it won't start. Done this to my old plow truck its a ford 6.9 diesel it dont have a key just a push button.

Skinny

I think the IP wire should be pink not green. I prefer RockAuto because I can order my own parts to ensure I get the right stuff, the prices are usually cheaper with shipping, and it comes 2-3 days later which keeps me from having to waste time at the parts store. If I have to I go to the local Napa only because I know a few people who are really good at that store. Other than that...I wouldn't step foot in a parts store unless my truck was stranded on the side of the road.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When ordering parts ask fro 1984 K30 parts for the pickups and engines. Ask for 1984 K5 parts for the blazers. Not hard at all.

It is the pick wire for the injector pump. The green wire is the cold advance and high idle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks