• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts source find: Water Pump, Fits DN2M DN4M LPW2 LPW4 Engines & Onan Generator

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just picked up a couple of these. Seller has 8 more available. They shipped free, included gasket and thermostat housing gasket.

I have no interest in this, just passing along the source for those who might need one or a spare for the shelf.

Water Pump Fits for DN2M DN4M LPW2 LPW4 Engines & Onan Generator

Water Pump Fits for DN2M DN4M LPW2 LPW4 Engines & Onan Generator | eBay

Last edited:

nextalcupfan

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little birdie once told me a LOT of L-P stuff was produced outside of the UK (possibly even the raw castings for the LP Alpha blocks in China...). I cannot confirm either way, but it was someone who would have good authority on the subject.

I know a lot of their parts for their older lines are produced in India, with LP packaging.

nextalcupfan

Got it in today, Just pulled it out of the package.
MEP-803a Water Pump 01.jpg
MEP-803a Water Pump 02.jpg
MEP-803a Water Pump 03.jpg
MEP-803a Water Pump 04.jpg
MEP-803a Water Pump 05.jpg
Casting looks pretty good, and it has Lister Petter with a part# on it. That makes me feel better about it perhaps being an OEM replacement.
I could hear some bearing noise when I spun the pully, it was also slightly tighter than I expected. Hopefully with some run time it would loosen up.

Some Measurements if anyone was curious.
MEP-803a Water Pump 06.jpg
MEP-803a Water Pump 07.jpg
MEP-803a Water Pump 08.jpg

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
good price, but labeled as made in China.
Meh, I'm not a purist. ;).......and I've got pumps on the shelf.

Having done mechanical work for a living for several years and changed many a water pump, they look as good as any other water pump I've ever used.

Thing is, if one fails here, it's going to get installed and I'll have my set back on line in short order.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks