• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts suppliers recommended / not recommended?

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm interested in knowing your experiences with parts suppliers for the m37, feel free to PM me if you want to express negatives privately.

I'm begining to start buying parts and I'd like to learn from your experiences..

Thanks

Chris

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in Alabama, so it's mail order for sure I think

Mike_L

Chris,

I can't say I've had problems with any suppliers in general. I usually try to find more than one source for the part I'm looking for before buying, if possible. Of course, some are more expensive than others.

Usually shipping is a big factor in the cost of getting the parts so that is something to figure in when you are shopping. A lot of dealers ship via UPS so you won't be able to have it sent to a PO box. I got a part off of eBay once and noticed the cost of shipping was way less than I was charged. When I contacted the seller about it, expecting a refund of sorts, he said it was for 'labor' since it was a pulled part. Maybe my only bad experience in buying parts - just watch for the shipping.

Don't forget the Classified sections on the MV sites: G741.org, G503.com, SS, all have them. Post what you are looking for and often someone will chime in that they have one collecting dust that they will let go. I've had good luck with this also since I can usually get very good photos of the parts before buying and they can usually ship the least expensive method.

For M37 parts, I have my favorites that I go to first based off experience in the past, just a personal preference of sorts. But all in all, none that I wouldn't deal with again if they have something I'm looking for.

ranger.41

You can't go wrong with John at Midwest Military. I ordered brake lines and cylindrs from him. I did not receive them. I called him, He sent out a duplicate order to me, I received it in two days. He did this before trying to track it down with UPS. He let me know later that it had missed a connecttion and was in PA.
He also helped me with a valuation for my M-37 for insurance purposes. In my opinion he goes above and beyond!!!
ranger.41

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brent Mullins Jeep Parts bought out all of Sid Beck's (Ace) Dodge inventory and is now selling it out of College Station, TX. Lots of treasures available.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
+1 for John Bizal at Midwest Military. Super nice guy with tons of first hand restoration experience. Lots of NOS and reproduction parts. My brother got a bunch of stuff from Sid Beck before he passed. He was a super guy. RIP Sid.

m376x6

There is:
Adirondack Dodge Parts
Army Surplus Warehouse
AB Linn
Memphis Equipment
Midwest Military
New Life Canvas
Weebee Webbing aka ODcloth (canvas)
eBay with a saved search for what you're looking for
Antelope Valley Truck Parts
Sam Winer Parts (Robert Zetzer)
Trader John's Army Surplus
Rapco Parts
Vintage Power Wagons
Brian Asbury

A few others I imagine. Another great couple of spots to look in is of course The Military Vehicle Preservation Association magazine Supplu Line, and also Military Vehicles Magazine from Krause Publications. Urgency of the part needed and price you're willing to pay are big gactors as always. Good Luck

M-37Bruce

Vintage power wagons is in Indiana I believe....only had POSITIVE experiences with them! Same with Memphis Equipment
Vintage Power Wagon is located in Fairfield, Iowa, they have a lot of good stuff, NOS & T/O.
They are usually a little bit on the high side, but Dave does a lot of good stuff for the hobby! Ask for Bubba or Steve.

ke6rwj

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i ordered some stuff from midwest military, seems like a great guy so far...

Nickathome

Sid Beck

Sid Beck was the best person to deal with period....My first order with him was for a NOS steering box. I sent an email, with my desires and adress, and I had the parts on my doorstep before I had even sent him the check. He didn't know me from Adam yet was trusting enough to do this. That mean alot to me and I used Sid's services almost exclusively(there were a few occasions that he simply didn't have a part I needed which is perfectly understandable). He is sorely missed. I have also dealt with John at Mid west Mil and he is also a very standup guy.

If I had a negative I would say it was with Vintage Power wagons. They screwed up my first order ever. Not a big deal, and they did redeem themselves on another order I placed, but the die was cast so to speak and I only used them as a last resort after that. "First impressions are lasting" as they say.