• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts truck

sermis

I found a truck that had belonged to a fire department. The fire dept. pulled some parts and then a scrapper got it. I bought it from the scrapper before he completely destroyed it. Most of the copper lines and some wiring is gone, fuel tank, alt, and some air parts along with master and air booster. I want to put an overdrive in my M725 and had almost bought a deuce trans a few months back. I have 2 stories on the motor. It will run and it might have a knock as reported from a young kid Volunteer, don’t know for sure. When I pulled it on the trailer it was puffing smoke. I think if I replace the missing return lines and hook up some type of fuel supply I might see if it will start.
Anybody locally need some parts. Not sure what I might sell off but will keep you in mind.

Attachments

hippiedude

Wow that is a solid looking truck....missing a lot of stuff.....butt...tons of stuff left............ could be a bob project...Good save.......

sermis

emmado22 said:
Find me a cheap M35A2 front or rear wiring harnes..... And not the KCGonzo one, thats not the correct one......
I had thought about getting one if the price was right. What do they fit?

sermis

Radiator is holding green fluid. It looks like it has been replaced as most of it is still black. Both fenders are a lot better than my cancer patched ones.

Anybody have 3 of the plastic return lines that fit on the injectors that wan to get rid of? Are the lines and fitting available civi parts.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark, do you have teh NSN for the KC Gonzo harness? If its the one ending in 6001 its for an -A1. Lots of the have been popping up lately.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So what's different from an A1 to an A2?

I'd like to replace all the wiring on mine next year when it gets painted.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The -A1 harness doesn't use a start switch, starts like a gasser with a lever on the floor. The also don't have turn signals IIRC.

FreightTrain

Banned
if you part it out I want the mirrors and the windshild hinges(don't want to cut off my old Elephant ear pivot that someone with way too much time grafted a westcoast mirror setup onto.).Maybe more parts......

FreightTrain

Banned
All and all,that truck was done up pretty good.They did a nice job converting it from MV to Fire Vehicle.Not as Gaudy or butchered as most I see....but there is no telling what it actually looked like in full dress.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the A1 harnesses are easy to convert to A2 with alt, just some simple wiring changes. that is what i have on mine now, and they do have a start switch since they were for a multifuel, just an early one. saturn surplus $45

Crazyguyla

sermis said:
Anybody have 3 of the plastic return lines that fit on the injectors that wan to get rid of? Are the lines and fitting available civi parts.
I think the return lines are 1/4 nylon hose with compression fittings.

Flip the hubs and put singles on the rear.

The truck looks to be in good shape, a lot better than my duece.

the A1 harnesses are easy to convert to A2 with alt, just some simple wiring changes. that is what i have on mine now, and they do have a start switch since they were for a multifuel .
I converted an A1 Harness to use on a gas engine. Just needed to convert the flame start wire to provide power to the distributor.

A rear harness can be fabricated with time and patience. I was about to undertake that task when a used harness presented itself :) I took the old harness, stripped all the old electrical tape off, inspected all the wires for dry rot, found none; and re-taped the whole harness. That took time and patience. I should have taken the time to add the extra wires to convert to composite lights.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks