• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts vendors

number9

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, I need to order a filter kit, rear axle kit and headlights for my Deuce. I have a inner axle seal leaking (or maybe it's just the keyway cork), not sure if I should order bearings and/or brake shoes too. I hate to order them and not need them, hate to not order them and need them, and at the same time if I do order them I know while I have the wheels/hubs off I will want to go ahead and install them - THEN it'd bug me that one axle had new bearings / brakes and the others don't :cookoo:

Anyway, it looks like OD Iron has the best prices on a filter kit from what I have been able to find. Are these filters military spec filters or aftermarket equivilent? Is OD Iron a reputable place to do business with?

I have also found Teds Trucks N Stuff to have decent prices too.

If there is any other vendor to look at please let me know.

Carl_in_NH

I've purchased parts from Erik's, O.D., and Saturn. Never had any problems - O.D. can be a little slow to get things rolling sometimes, but that's been discussed before. No problems with the parts from any of these folks.

I've also got a set of seals to change out - and ordered bearings, shoes, wheel cylinder rebuild kits, break hardware and springs, retainer washer, and just about everything else you could imaging needing while doing the seals. I didn't really want to spend the extra money, but I figured if I didn't then I would unquestionably need some of those parts once I tore into it. Besides, with two deuces those parts _will_ come in handy at some point.

dusterjh

Can't vouch for pricing but I'm new to this and have ordered from Saturn Surplus and Erik's Military and Industrial Surplus within the past month and both companies had everything in stock and shipped right away. Absolutely nothing against O.D. Iron they just didn't have what I needed, but I'm sure I'll be doing business with them too, seems this hobby requires spare parts :)

ARYankee

Has anyone tried to order bearings from NAPA or a local place. The reason I ask is because I just had my bearings lock up on my inner set of duals on the driver's side. I'm needing some ASAP (by next Sunday for my Toys for Tots drive) and don't want to have to wait forever. I'm going to keep searching and I'll post any pertinant info.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NAPA should have (or can get) the bearings. I don't know about O.D. Iron but I have found that most places will send you NAPA or WIX filters when you order. IMO if you're ordering a NAPA filter you're just as well to go to NAPA and get it.

jwaller

Has anyone tried to order bearings from NAPA or a local place. The reason I ask is because I just had my bearings lock up on my inner set of duals on the driver's side. I'm needing some ASAP (by next Sunday for my Toys for Tots drive) and don't want to have to wait forever. I'm going to keep searching and I'll post any pertinant info.

if you need um quick then order them from memphis. they are just across the river and you'd get them next day.

WyoDeuce

I just ordered filters and headlights from C&C equipment. Napa couldn't get the right headlight and one similar would have been $150. C&C had them for $40. Napa also had no clue on wiper blades but C&C had them in stock.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couldn't find them at Napa but any parts store should be able to get them fast.
Attached is a chart with the referred wheel bearing part#s and dimensions.

Beware, some of the mentioned parts vendors sell Chinese bearings... !:-x Look for brands like Timken (USA), NTN, FAG, SKF, etc. (Part#s are the same for all.)

Good luck!

G.

Attachments

mckeeranger

So, I need to order a filter kit, rear axle kit and headlights for my Deuce. I have a inner axle seal leaking (or maybe it's just the keyway cork), not sure if I should order bearings and/or brake shoes too. I hate to order them and not need them, hate to not order them and need them, and at the same time if I do order them I know while I have the wheels/hubs off I will want to go ahead and install them - THEN it'd bug me that one axle had new bearings / brakes and the others don't :cookoo:

Anyway, it looks like OD Iron has the best prices on a filter kit from what I have been able to find. Are these filters military spec filters or aftermarket equivilent? Is OD Iron a reputable place to do business with?

I have also found Teds Trucks N Stuff to have decent prices too.

If there is any other vendor to look at please let me know.

I have bought parts at Worldwide Equipment in Lexington. They are over on Nandino Drive. They actually had parts in stock for the NHC 250. www.thetruckpeople.com They won't have MV specific parts, but they have a lot of the non-MV mechanical parts. You will need to have the numbers from the axle, transmission, engine, etc.

fsudad1958

I just ordered filters and headlights from C&C equipment. Napa couldn't get the right headlight and one similar would have been $150. C&C had them for $40. Napa also had no clue on wiper blades but C&C had them in stock.

I ordered headlights from Eriks $ 25.00 and shipped right away. I go with WIX filters from the local parts house pay about 1/3 what you do from the military parts suppliers. cross referance is under resources heading.

ARYankee

I just bought me some bearings from Bumper to Bumper. They had Timken bearings.... So that solves that parts question. They were the same price as OD Iron but I got them locally and didn't have to pay shipping.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks