• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts wanted for a XM152

russcal

Hello, y'all!

I'm looking for the following for my XM152:

1. Rear step. Same as off a M43 ambulance. These evidently got in the way and were broken / taken off frequently.

2. Rear bench seats. Like the troop seats in a M37, but the uprights are longer and bolt to the inside walls of the panel box.

Thanx for looking and hope you can help. You can reach me by PMing me here or email to malarz_russ@hotmail.com

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SECO in Augusta has dozens of these and they are getting scrapped, Parts are probably relatively cheap.

russcal

Hiya, Hndrsonj!

Thanx for the heads up! I emailed after I read your post... got a reply yesterday: "'Nothing available, sorry'". So, I'm still on the hunt!

Thanx again for looking!

Russ

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not been there for about 6 months, must be gone. I'll go again in June will let you know.

russcal

Heya, Hndrsonj!

Thanx for the pix! Yup, those are definately exCanadian M152's with single rear doors. From the pictures I've seen, the CDN M152's didn't have the folding rear step / rear seat that M43's have. The one other USAF XM152 I've seen pix of didn't have it either, but my truck still has the broken ends of the step, which I recognize from many M43 pix. I think this was commonly broken (like mine) or removed for being in the way when these rigs hit civvy street.

As to the fittings in the panel body, most CDN M152's had a similar commo / command sort of fit-out with swivel seat, commo racks, and countertop. USAF XM152's were fitted out "as required". I've heard mention of commo racks, equipment racks, shelving, etc. The one XM152 I've seen is fitted out as a Air Police paddy wagon (Black Maria) with a troop bench on the passenger side. My rig had benchs both sides, going by the marks left when they were removed.

I know my rig was used at Santa Susana Field Lab. I have a Rocketdyne historical newsletter where it is mentioned that the scientists were transported out to the field sites in "converted Army ambulances, painted blue".

Going over pix I have, I realize I also need the check arms that keep the rear doors from "over opening".

I think my best bet would be to find a M43 getting parted. I'd have to be able to look over the troop seats in a M37 to see how close they'd be to what I need, as finding actual XM152 bench seats sounds to be a little more than just a long shot.

Thanx again for the help!

Russ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks