• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pass side alt must not be too important...

QuickSilver

The 09 chucked it's pass side alt belt two days ago. Been driving it around ever since with no problems but a Gen2 light. Guess it's not too critical. I'll fix it eventually, as soon as I can get back to town for a belt the right length.

jimmy-90

Eventually you will have to hook your batteries to a charger. Doing that will cause your back battery to go stone dead and by the time your front battery drops to half a charge the truck will not start. If your just driving to work and back it will last a while like that but probly not more than a week. I don't know if it hurts anything to do that or not but I wouldn't run it that way forever.

91W350

When I was at Riley yesterday, my son called. "Dad, the Blazer will not start" ...... great, get 60 miles from home and he has truck trouble. When I got back, the passenger's belt was loose, the battery was about dead and the post adapters on that battery were loose as well. I stuck the charger on it, it was less than 25 percent. Tightened up the posts, went and unhooked the generator I had towed home for another member, then fired up the M1009. I drove it around enough to get the battery fully charged, then parked it at the school and walked home. Get it fixed, your time is coming.... Glen

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 09 chucked it's pass side alt belt two days ago. Been driving it around ever since with no problems but a Gen2 light. Guess it's not too critical. I'll fix it eventually, as soon as I can get back to town for a belt the right length.

Not important at all. Just forget about it. I never understood why GM put that stupid thing on there anyway..................................

NOT!!!

Without it your truck will not start at some point in time. Probally when you need it the most.

It's there for a reason.

Barrman

Passenger alternator charges the rear battery which does half the glow plugs and starting. As written above. You will need to fix it or charge the rear battery to full every 10-15 starts.

QuickSilver

Ok, thanks for the info guys. I got a belt on it today. Had to go through a few at the parts store to find the right length.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you got it fixed. Post the brand and part number so we can compare it to the wiki number