• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger seat

loslobos11

Anyone have spare passenger seat cushions they want to part with? I pulled out the spring ride drivers and had a new plate made up and installed an air ride seat out of an International eagle. I got my hands on a seat from a minivan that has a built in child seat (for my daughter) and adjustable headrests etc, it is pretty nice....however it ended up being 6 inches too wide. So I took it apart and cut 6" out of the middle and Mig'ed it back together. Now I am waiting to get the upholstery details worked out and am tired of waiting to have passengers so I want to grab some cushions and use those for now. When the seat is ready I am going to try and mount it on the drivers side original spring mount for passenger comfort. Could I have done this differently...yes, but I am stubborn and then I will have enough room for myself, my fiance and my yr old daughter. Anyone else done any crazy seat modification???

redass73

what are you going to do with the drivers side spring ride set up. i would like to remove my passeneger seat and install another drivers style seat in its place.

loslobos11

Redass73, I took off the seat frame and tracks so that I have just the base which I am going to try to install that modified short bench on. The goal is to have seating for my gf and yr old but to keep the spring ride base for comfort. Not sure how it is going to work or if...but I am reasonably sure it will, just going to weld some braces on the bench to help spread the weight...1gf(110lbs)+1yr old daughter(20lbs) so not that much bracing I guess.... :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks