• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

passenger seat

sktww

i got new seat covers and will replace the plywood board under the pass seat.
i did find some history there. it was replaced in the '60s and was supplied by a company from Mcallan tx. the company is still around but has ben bought and sold several times. while i won't be using this wood it will go up on the wall to show off some of the history of the truck. now the question, i found some "washers" underneath. anybody got any ideas? i assume they were to hold some sort of cover.
what do yall think?

Attachments

Mike_L

Yes, those were for the laced on covers, held on with ropes. It is explained better on page 359 of TM 9-8031-2. I don't know if there were originally any other type but I have seen some re-covered seats with staples or tacks holding them on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks