• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger side Alt supplier

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody ever use"rareelectrical" on e-bay for the IG passenger side Alt on our CUCV's?

David

Last edited:

Iceman3005

That seems kinda high. The parts kit for these Alt. is only 20-30 dollars. I had mine rebuilt for $50. at a shop new bearings, brushes, and regulator.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not just rebuild the old one for under $100. Or rebuild it your self for under $50

Also please do not list current auctions in your posts. Against the site rules.

You can reword your post to say..."Has any one use xzy company that sells alternators on FleaBay"

idM1028

Yep. Replaced my alts about a month ago. I would say don't buy from ebay. You can get the same thing from their website. Just google "rare electrical." The reason I bought mine was because 1. My CUCV is my DD and 2. The closest place that I felt comfortable with rebuilding them wanted something like $185 per anyways. I played with the idea of rebuilding them myself, as I have the repair manual for the same year civvy Chevy truck (complete with instructions for rebuilding alternators) but basically received information from here that "it's similair, but there are a few key differences that could cause a fireworks show if you screw it up" with no further info on what those key differences were. So I bit the bullet, bought 2 new alts from Rare electrical and dropped them in the truck with new belts. Did it in the parking lot with basic hand tools and it took me of all 2 or 3 hours. Truck started right up and voltmeter has held in the green since then. I say if you want to rebuild them, check the TM and see if there aren't instructions in there. I'm bout ready to buy a printer and print the entire thing off since I'm getting tired of scrolling through pages online.

gijoe

Can't even mention evil bay auction on here, this place has more rules than school did. Or i guess i just need to study all the rules, i would need a case of beer for that job. :beer: Just shows that i need to live and learn, but i am trying hard. :roll:

Why not just rebuild the old one for under $100. Or rebuild it your self for under $50

Also please do not list current auctions in your posts. Against the site rules.

You can reword your post to say..."Has any one use xzy company that sells alternators on FleaBay"

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't even mention evil bay auction on here, this place has more rules than school did. Or i guess i just need to study all the rules, i would need a case of beer for that job. :beer: Just shows that i need to live and learn, but i am trying hard. :roll:
Not that you can't mention the auction, you just can't post the link to ANY current auction, Fleabay or otherwise.

When you signed up for this website, you agreed to these rules. Nothing new. The link is at the top of the page.

Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite - Forum Rules

This website is NOT like all the other websites. The "rules" are different. The owners are just trying to avoid some possible issues.

82ABNMP - Thanks for editing your post. I haven't used this company but they look like they have a quality product. The price is reasonable for a new unit.

Last edited:

OL AG '89

I bought 2 from them a couple of months ago, so far so good. Price seemed reasonable since I couldn't find time to rebuld the ones I had, no core requirement so I now have 2 "spares" that as time allows I will rebuild and mothball until needed.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alt

Thanks for the replies. I have no problem following the site rules I just forgot and posted the link. :beer:

I like the easy route and will just buy the rebuilt/new parts and stick them on rather than spending time rebuilding them myself.

David :driver:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the replies. I have no problem following the site rules I just forgot and posted the link. :beer:

I like the easy route and will just buy the rebuilt/new parts and stick them on rather than spending time rebuilding them myself.

David :driver:
Just don't throw away the old units. Some of us like to rebuild them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks