• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger side floor insulation

Sintorion

Getting ready to replace the floor insulation and trying to determine what all I need to remove to get the old one out and the new one in. A bit concerned about the level of effort because it looks like the copper lines that run into the heater core are tight against the pad. Thinking seriously about just cutting the pad across where I can remove it and cutting the replacement to match so it runs up tight.

Action

4 bolts holding the heater core assembly and 4 bolts in the floor in front of the battery box. and hose clamps, and a wire on the fan, and the clip holding the diverter cable.
very easy job.
If you had factory a/c, it would be easier to cut it.

Ddk2001

I just did this a couple of weeks ago. as the folks before me said - heater and heater core need to come out. Access the nuts for the core from the air intake chamber. It's a good time to wash out the heater core (inside and out) - get dust off of the fan, heater boot, etc.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also a great opportunity to install nutserts/rivnuts to mount the heater core so future removals are far easier.
I just did this on my truck...riv nuts, if you have fording kit, the air cleaner has to come off...but I always add the fording elbow if I can and get rid of the army style pre cleaner and add the Close out rubber on the dirt discharge vent...removing the duck bill.

ryanruck

I just did this on my truck...riv nuts, if you have fording kit, the air cleaner has to come off...but I always add the fording elbow if I can and get rid of the army style pre cleaner and add the Close out rubber on the dirt discharge vent...removing the duck bill.
Yep, I've got the elbow and snorkel on my truck. With my heater upgrade I installed, it was just too much of a pain taking all of that apart doing work on it.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks