• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passenger side mirror placement with soft doors

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I cannot see or use my passenger side mirror when I have the soft doors on my 1986 m1038. Is there a better placement for the mirror that will make it useful. I have a Rhino spare tire carrier on, so I am changing lanes and backing blind.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the same when I picked up mine and reversed the mirror and bracket at GP site then drove it home but it was not very useful. Drove a few months that way. Another member here told me the same below so I put it back. You look through the windshield which is crazy to mentally contemplate but that is the way to do it. I tend to use the bottom wide view more than the top.

The arm actually has a feel to let you know when it is in the right slot than adjust the mirror tilt and angle.

Another member also suggested using a suction cup marine rear view mirror and I also like that idea alot and found it helps big time. Look on epay for marine CIPA suction cup mirror.

Last edited: