• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Passing of Sid Beck

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this yet but Sid Beck lost his battle with cancer on Friday, August 27th. The Victoria, TX paper has his obituary up on their website:
SIDNEY EMIL BECK Obituary: View SIDNEY BECK's Obituary by Victoria Advocate

The MV world was fortunate to have Sid - he was always extremely helpful to me in my search for parts for Ol' Blue. Thoughts and prayers for his family.
Chad

AMGeneral

Sid will be greatly missed,his knowledge of MV was quite extensive,great guy to talk with as well.

Prayers be with his family during this difficult time.

citizensoldier

:shock::shock:I am very shocked! I did not even know he was sick! Oh man this upsets me! He will be greatly missed by me and many others in and out of the hobby.. Truly one of the last of a very special breed... He would send me parts and I pay him later! Now who does that these days?? :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Bill W

Sid had been battling cancer since I first delt with him in 1998, he definitely was a fighter and a super guy that will be missed

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have been knowing him for many years. way back from the days of the big electric posting forum on m37s.. i meet up with him in jackson miss about 10 years ago.. hundreds of phone calls and many emails . chatting and exchanging mv parts.. my prayers go out to his family in their time of need.. if anyone starts a fund raiser shout my way... and if no one has the time then ill donate my time and energy to take up a collection and get a card to send to his wife and family... please lets get together for him. my humble thanks Tim