• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

paying GL for MV ????

a68cudas

Hello again i was curious on which method for payment id best way to pay if winning a bid on GL? Do most of you pay using credit card? or Cashier check or also see they will let you pay with money order as well? Thanks

PorscheTech911

I'm actually interested in the same question. I don't mean to thread jack, but I want to pay with a VISA debit card (I don't use credit cards) someone mentioned they tried and couldn't do that. Anyone have any experiences with this? Thanks and sorry again for jacking :-D

91W350

They should change that as they cut down the amount of time that you have to pay. A wire/bank transfer or credit card are about the only ways to get the money there fast enough now. The first one they charge to the credit card. I thought I would have a payment option, so I did not back the card with enough funds and it declined the purchase. I sent in a money order Priority Mail and it went to the wrong post office. It was a pretty frustrating experience, I will do a wire transfer next time.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I use a credit card (NEVER pay online with debit card) for my GL purchases.

You can also do a wire transfer from your bank to theirs but I think your bank will charge a fee for this.

You have a narrow deadline to do it and we all know how easy GL corporate in Arz is to work with:roll:.

Just my two coppers worth.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have used both VISA and MC debit cards and they worked fine for me. Make sure the money is in the bank first because they take within about 8 hours of you winning the auction even if they haven't notified you yet. I guess that would be one form of notification, money missing from your account. :)

I personally wouldn't do it any other way.

sw

PorscheTech911

Thanks wreckerman for the advice., I have to say that I have been using a debit card for years and have never once had a problem. My bank if very good at catching and fixing anything or cancelling my account to keep me safe (done that a few times) I will never use a credit card. They are not worth the hassle and just steal your money. Thats my two cents on the subject. I would suggest though if you can, go by what wrecker says he is much more knowledgeable and wise than I :-D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you bid on a GL item, they require a CC (credit or debit). There is no other way to bid.

I am on a cash basis so I have a debit card that I use for just GL purchases. I keep just enough money on the card to keep it open. I use the card to bid and then transfer the funds after the closing.

One thing about GL is that they NEVER provide a transaction receipt for the CC transactions. Every other vendor I work with does. Just not GL.

There has been a few times that GL says they ran the card, but my bank shows no attempt and GL can never provide the details. Just something to watch out for.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use a CC and haven't had any problems. From reading past threads I would suggest you check with your CC issuer and make sure a one time purchase like a MV won't trigger a fraud alert and muck things up. If it's a new card, make sure it's activated and ready to go. Double check you have enough availible (even a couple bucks will mess things up).

WyoDeuce

I have a VISA debit card that I use. It is a seperate account that I use for online transactions. Your bank will let you open another account for nothing so you might as well, it's good extra security. Since the timeframe is so short for paying online auctions (GL, ebay, etc) you really can't use a check or money order. My debit card has a $2000 limit for transactions but they will raise the limit if I tell them there is a large transaction pending in the next few days. This is how I pay for large GL bills. I am a cash guy and don't really care for credit cards. :twisted:

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
credit card for me. Credit card companies can only take your money if you don't pay the balance in full at the end of the month. Also if some how somebody used the card illegaly they have stolen from your credit line and not your cash. It can take weeks or months to clear a wrong charge. I would rather be waiting on a credit card card credit than the return of my cash.

ABN173

You can use a debit card, but you may have to contact your bank first so they can bump up the daily spending cap for charges above 2k (or whatever your banks limit is) Not sure why Wreckerman says not to use debit cards though? It's not like your sending them your personel pin number or anything.

Dale

Last edited:

harry

they sent me this in Oct

Harry

Dear Valued Customer,
Please note that payment terms have recently changed.
Effective immediately, credit cards will not be accepted for any single charge in excess of $25,000. Payment will be required in the form of certified funds (i.e., cashier's check or money order) for charges in excess of $25,000.
We appreciate your attention.
Sincerely,
Government Liquidation, LLC

Jon Giovani

I always use my bank card, but you want transactionto be processed as credit and not debit because if you process as credit then you are protected for your purchases through MasterCard or Visa whoever the card issuer is if it is debit then it is not protected. I learned this years ago from my ex girlfriend who was a banker.