• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pedistal mount for M60 on the M151

m151dave

Is there anybody out there that can tell me why the base of the pedistal mount for the Mutt is made the way it is? I am talking about the shape of the two metal plates between the tube of the mount and the floor boards of the vehicle. Why is that cylindrical "dent" stamped into it? Was something meant to be stored in between the two metal plates? If so what and how?

It would have been a lot easier to make these two parts flat without anything but simple right angles to define the sides, so there must be a reason.

Anybody have an answer?

m151dave

answer to pedistal mount

The best answer I have received so far, (sorry but from another forum) is that the mount is stamped the way it is to fit aorund the artic heater kit. If you look at the heater and where the hoses and all are laid out, this makes perfect sense for why the pedistal mounting box is made the way it is.

Just in case anybody besides me really cared about such things................

donald_r

RE: answer to pedistal mount

But if you have an Artic heater kit, then you must have a artic hardtop installed, leaving no room for the gun perched on top of the gun mount.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks