• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Peel and Seal Type Flashing for Sound Deadening

01GRANDER

I know my Alabama side is showing on this thread but has anyone used Peel and Seal flashing or the equivalent for sound deadening on the underside of the HMMWV body?

I have actually used it instead of Dynamat and it seemed to work well. The alternative is a spray like Lizard Skin and that has a tendency to chip or flake off. I would think it would work well, I have no idea how well it would hold up though.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a great idea. About as great as adding a thousand dollar PCB/EESS to an otherwise simple glow plug setup.

Now you just need that "Cable Guy" and you can start a road show.

;)

01GRANDER

What a great idea. About as great as adding a thousand dollar PCB/EESS to an otherwise simple glow plug setup.

Now you just need that "Cable Guy" and you can start a road show.

;)
People use it for speaker setups all the time and it works well. My point is that the “professional” spray seems to be very thin, expensive and I have seen it chip. Not saying it’s the best idea but it’s probably not the worst.

DREDnot

I doubt it will last long on the underside of the body. Ive used that cheap stuff from home deeps on my M1009 under new rubber flooring/padding and it made a difference.

I would suggest putting it on the inside covering the hottest and most resonant areas of the floor and tunnel and then top with the original military foam insulating pads

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt it will last long on the underside of the body. Ive used that cheap stuff from home deeps on my M1009 under new rubber flooring/padding and it made a difference.

I would suggest putting it on the inside covering the hottest and most resonant areas of the floor and tunnel and then top with the original military foam insulating pads
The interior of your HMMWV looks remarkably similar to an old Chevy Suburban. 🤪

Interesting use of that stuff BUT I’m considering Dragon Skin [EDIT - I meant Lizard Skin] for sound and heat. Dragon Skin [Lizard Skin] is not very expensive, it is water soluble, and it is easy to spray. Then I will cover it with the rubber mat and see where I stand I guess.

Best,

T

Last edited:
The interior of your HMMWV looks remarkably similar to an old Chevy Suburban. 🤪

Interesting use of that stuff BUT I’m considering Dragon Skin for sound and heat. Dragon Skin is not very expensive, it is water soluble, and it is easy to spray. Then I will cover it with the rubber mat and see where I stand I guess.

Best,

T
I'm curious about this Dragon Skin stuff and how it compares with the Lizard Skin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks